Foundation for good coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern Belle

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I hope someone can help.

I have recently completed my NVQ Beauty & wish to start offering makeup. I didn't buy the college kit because I found the foundation extremely drying (it felt like it was sucking all the moisture out of my face!!) I have decent makeup and good quality brushes, but wish to buy a couple of foundations - a fair and medium (which hopefully I will be able to blend.) I have looked through some of the threads and there are differing opinions between mineral/liquid foundations - I do like mineral but feel a liquid will give a better coverage on more skin types than mineral.

Excuse my rambling, but my question is would I be able to manage with 2 foundations to start with (ie fair & medium, to blend?) I cannot afford to buy lots of shades, what would you advise the minimum I would need?

Hoping someone can help - thanks xx:)

i dont do makeup but i personally think the dior airflash foundation is amazing! it sprays on and needs minimal rubbing in and gives a really good coverage without being thick. i would be lost without mine! not sure if you would find it suitable though but definitely give it a go!

Art deco mineral foundations is fantastic, it covers well and still feels light.

Artdeco minerals comes in powder or fluid form,so u can have the best of both worlds.

When I first started offering bridal make-ups I bought Clinique Superbalanced liquid foundation in Ivory and Alabaster and mixed them. It seems to suit all skins and is reasonably priced. I built on that and still have them in my kit but I also favour Dior Nude skin and Bobby Brown liquid which blend well. :)

Thanks ladies for your replies xx

Latest posts

Back