Foundation separating on face

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleg2610

Reaction score
Maybe some of you can help me! I'm a hairdresser) This past year or so foundation has started separating on my face as soon as I put it on! It's starting to really getme down. It's on my nose and forehead mostly. I've never had particularly oily skin it's almost as if it looks oily when j put foundation on. I used to use Elizabeth Arden flawless finish, I swapped to clarins everlasting then Clinique even better. No difference. Tried all different primers too. I'm trying benefits skin care at the moment it's all for normal to dry skin because my skin used to be dry and it really isn't oily at all! I get a few blackheads on my nose but no other spots ever. I'm so stuck for what to do!! I love clarins facial products (got some free samples but not enough too see if they make a big difference and they weren't chosen for my skin) what can I do!! I spend a lot of money on my makeup but I feel it always looks crap!

I have had similar problem lately and was told not to use primer and use an oil free moisturiser.hth :)

Have you try having a facial?

If you're planning on spending larger amounts of money on skincare, you will see hugely better results from cosmeceutical products bought from an experienced therapist than you will from higher end shop bought skincare. If you're wearing skincare products for dry skin it may be a little heavy for underneath make up, therefore causing the separation x

If you're planning on spending larger amounts of money on skincare, you will see hugely better results from cosmeceutical products bought from an experienced therapist than you will from higher end shop bought skincare. If you're wearing skincare products for dry skin it may be a little heavy for underneath make up, therefore causing the separation x
The word cosmeceutical is a made up word by skin care companies. Cosmeceuticals are not regulated by the fda or tga. Anyone can slap a label on their product and call it a cosmeceutical. There are either cosmetics or pharmaceuticals, not cosmeceuticals.

Do you set your foundation at all?

Yea I do set it but it separates as soon as I put it on. I haven't tried a facial no. What about clarins skin care products are they good?

Just a thought, have you tried using a primer?

I've used primers yes some make it a little better. It always looks fine once set if I use a light foundation and stays okay I just hate that I like heavy coverage and just hate it because it never used to happen!

It seems your skin is oily on your T zone. Don't put moisturizer on that area of your face and try compact foundation rather than cream foundation, they are usually less oily.

Latest posts

Back