Foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monikinha

Reaction score
Hiya gals,

interested in knowing which foundation you use.

Was using one from Estee Lauder, but as we get pale in winter, i changed but it is just a bit too pink for my skin. You know how it looks ok in the store and as soon as you are in the sun or at home with natural lighting you see its all wrong.

So using some other one and adding a bit of yellow foundation to get the right colour. Im a bit sallow skinned.

I used to have the perfect colour foundation in south africa but they only sell it there...pity.

Which ones do you gals like to use and can recommend.:green:
Do you use salon brands?

I went Debenhams and a nice lady sorted me out with a Clinique foundation that matches my skin perfectly! They will do this for winter and summer and most main skincare brands have a demo area so you can try first, id recommend you do the rounds and see what works for you as its such an individual thing!! hth :) xx

I wore Clinique for years but have recently begun trying out LilyLolo mineral makeup. Having said that I am also going to try out MAC which is meant to be very good and they also have a huge range of shades to choose from.
hth:hug:

i use sacha or iman foundation

I've never found anything better than Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals, which I sometimes put Jane Iredale Amazing Base over the top for more coverage. Makes skin looks fresh, dewy and radiant! Lasts and lasts too. Glominerals is also meant to be good and a bit cheaper! x

Thanks, I will have a look around. Dont know where I could find other makes like LilyLo etc....

Dont like to wear my foundation too thick, I dont like the caked on look.

I find my makeup doesnt stay on long because iv got oily skin. im going to try that mac product that you put on under your moisturiser its supposed to be brilliant. Might try their foundation they have a new one that is a palette that allows you to blend different colours for different seasons.

If you have oily skin have you ever thought about a mineral powder foundation?

I'm not a skin expert and I don't have oily skin either but I do struggle with foundation lasting.

I tried Bare Essenctuals Mineral Foundation. Its a loose powder but it doesn't dry your skin and its simple to apply with a fantastic brush. Comes in all shades and when I take my makeup off at night there is still loads left on my skin.

Not trying to tread on anyones toes just wanted to help out.

No, you arent treading on my toes.

A mineral foundation makeup (dont really know what that means), sounds great though.

Always feel so shiny, lol.

i use bare escentials similar to lily lilo

checked out the lily lilo site, fab stuff.

i called up a place that stocks lily lilol, going to get myself some this week i hope.

where did you ladies get your brushes for application?

Latest posts

Back