Foundations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna1105

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'm wondering do any of you have recommendations for foundation?
My skin is paleish, and I've got combination skin with visible pores. I have been using bare minerals but I Find it's too dry which accentuates my dry areas and it's not got a very good coverage. I've also used a few liquid foundations which tend to look like their melting off a few hours after application [emoji57]

Also any cheapish cream contouring kit recommendations?
Thanks guys x

Have you used a concealer, or a pore refiner with a fixing mist to make your skin look a bit more dewy?

Make up is always a bit hit and miss for some people, depending on skin type and tone, i wouldn't want to tell you what to get contour wise!

Bare minerals is not so bad with what you have described but i would be more inclined to use a nice fixing mist, like fix+ or mineral charged water to help it stay on and not make it look so dry. try it out, i hope it looks better with this add on! hths xoxo

What's fixing mist Hun? Sorry I'm terrible x

Sounds like you've got the wrong shade of mineral powder there, it should look like your own skin. Worth getting a darker shade and mixing it in. Can't think of any cheap contouring creams that last well tbh.

What's fixing mist Hun? Sorry I'm terrible x

a fixing mist is like a fixing powder but in a spray on version. It helps keep the make up on your face for the entire day compared to a few hours. It adds longevity to your powders/liquids as; you wont need as much product, you only need to use the same amount of foundation, rather than keep reapplying it. The spray on versions allow the products that you have used on your face to become dewy and just invisible breathable looking compare to dry! It just adds to the dimension without looking oily.

products to try or use as fixer;
rose water (within a spray on pump)
mac fix+
mac mineral charged water
jane iredale pommist
kiko fixing spray (looks like an aerosol)
urban decay setting spray
ben nye final seal (waterproof)
mehron setting spray
most brands have them from cheap drugshops to high end designer ones.

One thats quite reasonable if you dont want to spend alot of money is ELF setting spray, (you can also find a nice little bronzer/blush palette thats nice to contour with!) hths xoxo

Omg thank you so much gonna have a look I like elf brushes there so cheap and really good x

Sounds like you've got the wrong shade of mineral powder there, it should look like your own skin. Worth getting a darker shade and mixing it in. Can't think of any cheap contouring creams that last well tbh.
Which expensive contouring kits are good then? As if rather not spend loads of money on products I don't find that good is there any you could recommend I'd like to try the creamy ones x

Thing is I could recommend something that works great on some people and it might look terrible on someone else's skin type. Stila is very nice in my opinion BUT I would go find a counter and ask for a demo before buying though, just to make sure it suits you. (Mineral is my absolute favourite type of foundation, I would def give it another try with a different shade.)

I've got similar skin to you by the sound of it and have just bought Vichy Dermablend Ivory (the palest), based on someone's recommendation on another thread. Will be trying tomorrow for the first time, with a Real Techniques Miracle sponge, also for the first time so I'll let you know how I get on!

I've got similar skin to you by the sound of it and have just bought Vichy Dermablend Ivory (the palest), based on someone's recommendation on another thread. Will be trying tomorrow for the first time, with a Real Techniques Miracle sponge, also for the first time so I'll let you know how I get on!
Yes please let me know how you get on and if it blends well, good coverage etc xx

Thing is I could recommend something that works great on some people and it might look terrible on someone else's skin type. Stila is very nice in my opinion BUT I would go find a counter and ask for a demo before buying though, just to make sure it suits you. (Mineral is my absolute favourite type of foundation, I would def give it another try with a different shade.)
Thanks Hun
Cxxxx

Clarins Everlasting foundation is fabulous, great range of paler shades, use it on brides, feels
And looks wonderful x

Latest posts

Back