Free edge length & tipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zemma

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Wondered if you could help sort out my confusion.

I was taught that you had to file the clients natural free edge vertually so ne free edge showed then tip so you wouldnt see the free edge through the tip? is this correct as i think its abit mean filing it off??

also when your clients had enhancements on for 6-8 weeks and need soak off and replace tips do i file the natural free edge down again? if so whats the longest their natural free edge can be to tip on? if there not long enough to do an overlay on natural nail ? as isnt the point for your client to grow there nails?

sorry if not explaning very well just may be me any way any thoughts?

xx

firstly, the natural free edge should be short when applying tips but it doesnt need to be completely absent. use the shape of their natural nails to determine how short they need to be. and if you need to file them down its definitely not mean:)
secondly, why are your clients needing soak offs? the only time you should ever soak off a set of nails is of your client is going au naturale. the "point" is not always to grow their natural nails, that is up to the client and you should consult them on wether or not theyd eventually like their natural nails to be overlaid or if they prefer the enhanced free edge. you should also take into consideration their natural nail shape, and the length they prefer to keep them when making that decision. hth:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Also what is the point of tips is to provide something to put the acrylic on so if the client had natural nails of a suitable length why cut them down and apply tips? unless the client wants that there is no point! :green:

Hi Guys
thanks for replys
O.k i get what your saying so do you not have to soak off every 6-8 weeks and replace as thats what i was taught??

sorry for the questions but would like to know im doing the right or wrong thing in this case

xxx

I was thought not to soak off to manny times. Its bad for the natural nail as aceton is very agressive. I was thought how to file 80 to 90% of and create a new nail.

bubbles

hi just my view but i have clients who have had lovely long nails but dispite this and me pleading with them they still want them off and enhancements applied. Do check with your client 1st though as a NNO is just as nice :)

Nails dont need soaking off unless there is a problem hun. a constant rebalance/infill is fine untill the clients nails are long enough for a NNO. just repair broken ones and rebalance. clearly charge more for 3/4 week gap but there is no need to soak off and replace this just dries the nails out and can cause damage hun hth s:) xx

Latest posts

Back