Free training for L'Oreal salons?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairArt

Reaction score
If any of my lovely Salongeek friends have a L'Oreal account, I be really grateful for some advice.

I opened an account with them a few months ago and the rep very kindly offered to cover the cost of a couple of courses I was interested in. I'm far from their biggest client, I spend around £500 per month with them.

There are 5 or 6 courses I'd like to attend this year, nothing too pricey, £150 - £300 each. What I'm asking is if it's the norm to receive free training as I have an account or should I be paying? I feel really awkward bringing it up and not offering to pay but I don't want to spend money if free training is a standard perk.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

TIA xx

If any of my lovely Salongeek friends have a L'Oreal account, I be really grateful for some advice.

I opened an account with them a few months ago and the rep very kindly offered to cover the cost of a couple of courses I was interested in. I'm far from their biggest client, I spend around £500 per month with them.

There are 5 or 6 courses I'd like to attend this year, nothing too pricey, £150 - £300 each. What I'm asking is if it's the norm to receive free training as I have an account or should I be paying? I feel really awkward bringing it up and not offering to pay but I don't want to spend money if free training is a standard perk.

TIA xx
I've never been offered free courses?!

They have got the network Club which I think is free to L'Oreal salons.

I've never been offered free courses?!

They have got the network Club which I think is free to L'Oreal salons.
We've had 2 x Colour keys, a Colour Change and a Blow Dry academy course. I remember one of my clients who had a L'Oreal account told me she was given 20k to refit her salon!

We've had 2 x Colour keys, a Colour Change and a Blow Dry academy course. I remember one of my clients who had a L'Oreal account told me she was given 20k to refit her salon!

REALLY...!!!!
They must of been BIG BUYERS:cool:

I've been with L'Oreal FOREVER.......:rolleyes:
They USED to be generous.....
Nowdays, I consider myself LUCKY to get the odd 'tester & tint brush'!:p

You what?!

Think I'm gonna be having words with my rep!

Like RedStar says, I'm lucky to get anything!

I did get a free freehand bleach. I was well chuffed... Now. I think my rep is bloody stingy!

REALLY...!!!!
They must of been BIG BUYERS:cool:

I've been with L'Oreal FOREVER.......:rolleyes:
They USED to be generous.....
Nowdays, I consider myself LUCKY to get the odd 'tester & tint brush'!:p
It would've been fab to hear that free training is standard but at least I know now that I'm not shooting myself in the foot by booking and paying!

Thanks for the info geeks, very much appreciate it xx

TIA xx

Hi HairArt,

Totally understand your situation as I have dealt with it from both sides of this coin and here's the deal...

First, just be sure that this was something offered to you at the time you bought in... make sure you're certain of how the transaction all went down. Now, let's assume for the purposes of answering your question that you have this all right.

First of all, why feel awkward? If this was something offered to you (even if it was just to get the sale), then you have every right to bring it up and ask when this end of the bargain will start bearing fruit. There is no reason, especially as a business owner, for you to feel weird about asking for something you're owed.

Perhaps that rep misspoke or whatever but either way you need to find out what kind of education is coming to you. Believe me, it won't hurt to simply bring it up and have a conversation about it at the very least.

Caveat: Be prepared for possible push back because quite frankly if this rep offered you 5-6 course at the price you quoted, that means that they are reinvesting back into you around 23% of what you spend with them annually. Now that is a steep investment considering that when I was on that side (Yes, I worked at L'Oreal), I never offered more than 10% back and that would only be to salons that were open to working with my team and I to grow in a fruitful WIN/WIN partnership.

In any case, hope this helps and good luck. I would love to hear how this turns out for you as would others based on the responses I've read.

Best,
Dean

Latest posts

Back