Free website domain & hosting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlylou

Reaction score
I'm currently looking into the overall costs if any to set up an easy to use website. Some seem more difficult to use than others. What with all other costs with starting up my own home salon I really don't have the money to pay some one to do this sadly.
So, who have you used, is it completely free of so for how long and dos you buy the domain etc. I don't want to set it all up to be stung later on :-/ any advice welcome geeks

Thanks in advance

hi carlylou,
I have a weebly site its totally free, easy to use and you can choose to buy your domain name at a later date or upgrade to premium but you don't have to.

www.weebly.com

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you buy a domain I suggest 123reg.co.uk and then linking it to a provider of your choice. Don't buy a domain from the service you are using although this may seem the easiest option.

If your going to use weebly don't buy a separate domain you have to pay through the nose to connect it, just get the one they give you, it will have [email protected] but that's free I bought my .com and built my site with weebly now I gotta pay nearly £100 a year to connect my .com so I'm sticking with the .weebly lol

I have a free weebly site, but I bought my domain name through free parking.co.uk and cost about £6 a year. Linking it to my weebly site is free as well.

I have a free weebly site, but I bought my domain name through free parking.co.uk and cost about £6 a year. Linking it to my weebly site is free as well.
Did you do it yourself? I was under the impression you could do that but when I tried it wasn't the case!

I set it all up myself. I remember it being a little time consuming to link it to my domain but if you google 'how to...' I found the instructions, and it didn't cost me anything.

Has anyone used 123 reg to buy your domain & use the web builder they offer?

I use wix and you can have a free option or like me pay as little as £34 per year and £20 for my domain name every 2

I will take a look thank you :)

I set it all up myself. I remember it being a little time consuming to link it to my domain but if you google 'how to...' I found the instructions, and it didn't cost me anything.
Can i ask how long youve had it and if they bump the price of the domain etc once youve done all the hard work? I have looked at a few and it seems they have a 'free period' then you have to pay....:-/

If you buy a domain I suggest 123reg.co.uk and then linking it to a provider of your choice. Don't buy a domain from the service you are using although this may seem the easiest option.
Thank you, can i ask if this is because you are then tied in with them ?....Also, if you you get them to do the hosting im guessing they would bump it up? Sorry geeks im not too tech but am getting there thanks to all :)

just tried a search a few times and says page unavailable :-/

I have mine through 1&1. My domain name was free and my website costs £6 a month for hosting. I built it myself, it's easy enough. Ideally I wouldn't want to pay for a website but I like to have my email address as @mybusiness.co.uk I just find it more professional than an @hotmail.com or @gmail.com address.

Thank you, can i ask if this is because you are then tied in with them ?....Also, if you you get them to do the hosting im guessing they would bump it up? Sorry geeks im not too tech but am getting there thanks to all :)
You won't necessarily be tied with them as such but if you ever want to get a proper website made or use another service from someone else they make it EXTREMELY difficult to move it away from them and they also charge you something like £12.00.

Anyone used ehost? seems theyre doing free domain for life of plan and are 4.99 pm for hosting plus get the website builder inc?

also One.com say No monthly fees, No ads. £10.80 setup only - Domain incl.?

https://www.freehosting.com/freewebsite.html is another ive just come across...

Ok i think i may have decided or at least narrowed it down :) http://www.top10webbuilders.com/best-web-hosting/?s1-google/s2-uk-search/s3-web-hosting-p has some great reviews good and bad..... Theres 2 that offer your domain free and for LIFE...and you pay for the hosting can be free if you dont mind a small banner of ads at the bottom for FREE, or you pay extra and have it without. sitebuilder v ehost for me ....:)

Last edited:
I'm going to look into all off these as interested :)
Finding so many online it's hard to choose

thank you for replies, the link has worked now :)
Can i also ask, if you have the free weebly does that mean you dont need the paid hosting??

Last edited:
I'm going to look into all off these as interested :)
Finding so many online it's hard to choose
this is the problem im having and some charge after the initial 30days :-/

Latest posts

Back