Free website domain & hosting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soooooo i have joined ehost..... they say free domain for life but its actually for the life of the plan you take out.... also i was told the charge for hosting would be £67.01 for 2 yyrs..... i confirmed via paypal..... now after payment screen has gone it comes up with a different amount....being £80.41..... this amount they say is uncluding vat however they shouldnt have confirmed the final amount to pay as £67.01 right? :-( i dont like things like that...hidden and sneaky amounts merely being added.....oh and just checked paypal and the first payment would be £80.41 and the next would be £202 when that expires....
So now im onto live chat because i cant access the website builder and go any further anyway. I think, to start off with this bad experience im going to cancel with them as im sure it could only get worse...

I've seen some gorgeous very professional looking "Weebly and Wix" Web sites. @Carlylou can you not get out of that one and change?

thank you for replies, the link has worked now :)
Can i also ask, if you have the free weebly does that mean you dont need the paid hosting??
Although the website is free you do need to pay annually for the domain name if that's what you mean.

I've seen some gorgeous very professional looking "Weebly and Wix" Web sites. @Carlylou can you not get out of that one and change?
I think I have now. I so looked into the webnode info and it's free unless u want to pay hosting. There's so much small print with a lot of these sites makes it very time consuming. Think like other geeks I've been reading, I'm also going to stay with the free one and go from there. I'll keep you posted. Maybe if anyone has and stories after the initial set up of their site and fees thereafter?
Thank you guys :)

Although the website is free you do need to pay annually for the domain name if that's what you mean.
Yes but by buying the domain I wasn't sure if you then had to buy the hosting additional to it. Also I've noticed that to buy a domain and transfer thereafter also has additional costs.

Latest posts

Back