Freelance Hairdressers Federation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jody2412

Reaction score
Hi

Is anyone a member if the FHF? If so how do you find it and are there any advantages. It's £65 a year so was wondering if it's worth it xx

I'm a member and yes I find it's worth it being a great support network as I am freelance. Our local branch rep organises training and seminars from Barbering through to First Aid (additional costs). We have our own FB page (closed) where we can share/network and rant if necessary... Plus you can use the logo. There's even a Christmas party!

So they have meetings up and down the company? Are there any in Manchester xx

im a member and i love it. being insured is a must, competitions and training giveaways, tech line ,20% off stock , offers on products and always there for questions, local training. i cant think of anything else if i think about of them ill add but i think its worth it :)

Glad this topic has been brought up :) x

What's the website as it's not coming up when I google ???

I found that Google fhbf I think there are a few probs at the min x

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello
HAs anyone got another number for fhbf other than 01582 431783. I cant get hold of them or get on there website. I know there is another number but not sure what it is

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I received a letter this morning from Grant Thornton company informing me that FHBF has gone into liquidation???

Im gutted about this, anyone else had the letter? Also not sure who to get insurance with now :(

Hi,

I received a letter this morning from Grant Thornton company informing me that FHBF has gone into liquidation???

Im gutted about this, anyone else had the letter? Also not sure who to get insurance with now :(

Me too great....

me too. What happens now? Is our insurance still valid? Do i cancell my Direct debits?

Hi ladies

I too had a letter, I booked tickets for Inspirations 2014 in Northampton for 8th June, so was stunned when I received the letter as have paid £99 for my ticket plus £90 for my hotel room and £13.99 for my insurance this month. So I rang the hotel to see if they knew and she said she spoke to "Sheila" earlier in the week to confirm that the event is still going ahead under a different name... Freelance Hair federation (or similar)

So I guess we hang fire??

I also received that letter this morning and messaged Shelia on FB. Shelia wanted to know who had sent the letter so I sent her a photo of it.

I think our insurance should still be valid as it was not with the FHBF but a separate broker. I am going to call them on Monday and see what happens there.

As for memberships, inspirations tickets and training fees that anyone has paid the liquidators will own all of that now. Im not sure how head office will deal with that under a new company/charity as technically the liquidators own all of the ticket money etc for inspirations.

They must of known this was coming as the letter states as of 14th Feb it was taken over by liquidators. I only re joined in Feb so its disappointing they took money knowing this was happening.

I completely understand Shelia or any of head office would not be legally aloud to contact any of the members but I would of though a plan would of been in hand so that when this day came an independent person could of sent out an email notice to everyone or something?

The Facebook group has also been deleted and a new one formed under "Freelance Hairdressing Association" if you havent already, find it and join it.

Also remember to delete any of the FHBF images off your websites or marketing materials, you dont want to be associated with a company that has gone into liquidation.

Sad times :|

Last edited by a moderator:
me too. What happens now? Is our insurance still valid? Do i cancell my Direct debits?

Yes cancel your direct debits if its to the FHBF as will go to liquidators not new company. If its for insurance and its direct to broker it should be okay. Call them and check though!

I can't find the fb group you have said about....

I can't find the fb group you have said about....

Type in... Freelance Hairdressing Association in the FB search bar at the top and it should come up? Its a closed group with 27 members so just submit a request to join. I could add you but have no idea who you are on there?

There is a message inside the group page as below:

[email protected]

For more information on the new hairdressing agency - Freelance Hairdressing Association, send your contact details to [email protected]

They are keen to hear from you and anyone you know that is interested in being supported as a freelancing hairdresser.
Unlike · · 3 hours ago
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent an email with my details and now I guess we just wait and see what happens :-\

I have been paying extra for training. Luckly ive just booked for 2 courses. So only have £40 left. Cant get hold of them on there mainline. I guess will never see that again. 😒

I have been paying extra for training. Luckly ive just booked for 2 courses. So only have £40 left. Cant get hold of them on there mainline. I guess will never see that again. 😒

Do you think the training you have booked will be honoured? I was about to book for Tim Hartley in Sept but glad I didn't now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back