Freelance makeup advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherelle Gregg

Freelance makeup artist
Reaction score
Hello.

I have recently been qualified as a makeup artist and I'm currently taking on clients. Problem is lighting. I was wondering if anyone has good advise on good portable lighting I could use ? Thanks in advance.

Cherelle

I do trials in my studio where I have lots of windows and I try to always do them during the day. But for weddings etc, I just generally sit them facing a window wherever possible. I take my own chair anyway so I can set up wherever there is room. Natural light is always best anyway.

Don't know if you may find a soft box good to use. You know what photographers use? If you can get a white natural bulb for it that could work?x

Hi in would be working at nights as well as I work weekends and nights mostly. I would need a light and have seen a diva ring light was wondering if anyone has herd about these. I know natural light it good but its sometimes hard to get this where I come from lol x

Glamcor lights are really good - I don't actually have them, I just work with the natural light in windows because the Glamcor's are extremely expensive xx

I bought a Glamcorr light last year and it's a lifesaver! There's been so many times where I've been in dark hotels and badly lit rooms and brought my lamp along and it was so much easier! Not to mention better photographs of the makeup! They are very expensive and I saved hard for mine but I would definately say it was worth the saving up

Latest posts

Back