freewebs - who has upgraded and is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
i have now spent 2 hours!!! when i should have been revising ffs, researching websites, i have a freewebs one and like it to be honest, but just dont think its professional enough and hate that long addy on my bus cards/flyers etc, ive checked and my domain name is free, but unsure about going ahead and upgrading, its more money (that i dont have at the mo tbh), and i dont wanna spend it then think it wasnt worth it,

so have any of you upgraded to remove ads etc and get better site tools (if so are the extra tools any good) have you registered your domain name with them, and does it send your old site to the new one iykwim, ie, do you need to start all over again, or does it change the name ?? god im confusing myself, and my old address ie, feewebs.com/nickys-nails, will this still lead people to my new site, or does it become dormant, and if so can someone else join freewebs and sign up as nickys-nails? ive asked questions and searched on freewebs for this, but so far havent found what im looking for,

seeing as loads of us on here use freewebs, i thought id have a better chance of getting the right answers lol

thanks guys xxxx

I have upgraded and I think its great. Although my salon one isnt completely open right now, I do get lots of enquiries from it. I also use it to sell discount lingerie on another site on freewebs and we do lots of business through it :)

i upgraded mine , i think it only cost abut £40 plus the fee for the domain name (i cant really remeber tbh)
and i think its worked , my old one got me business but i seem to be getting more now , and i prefer the business name on cards and stuff , like you say the other one is a bit long :green:

well Nicky...as you know...I use freewebs...and....

I wouldn't change my website to an upgrade for the World...

for one it might not let me have my music..or my bubbles...or my butterflies..... if I upgraded it might suddenly start working and stop trapping people in it's pages....myself included...:|

and I have well over a 1000 biz cards etc... with my gloriously long web addy written across everything... and now that I have had nearly 70 hits...:lol: I am feeling rather attatched to it...

But good luck with your questions...:hug: :green:

yeh but hunny your hits have all been from us trying to break out captured souls :lol::lol:

Hi

I upgraded and it cost about £40.00 but that was for the first 2 years.

Definitely worth it, makes your business cards etc look more professional and people can find you easier on the net!

yeh but hunny your hits have all been from us trying to break out captured souls :lol::lol:

I don't are for what reason I got hits...just that I get them pmsl...I am so sad :lol:

anyway I have messages too....:lick:

well if you shared your web addy with us Jo, we'd make sure you got more hits lolol

thanks for advice girls

will deffo think about it xx

I upgraded mine last year and it is definetly worth it mine only cost around £20 for two years (the payment is taken in usa dollars but on my credit card statement it showed my payment in pounds)

I wouldn't say it does amazingly well in the searches but then im not to sure how to improve that and I can't afford at the moment to have one professionaly done.

I found it helped at Christmas and I also have the website address printed on my gift vouchers which I have had good feedback from.

I am so glad I don't have the freewebs in mine and tbh I cringe when I see some salons website that have an address about a mile long with the obvious 'free hosting sites'

What I did was build the normal free site then went through the option of buying the domain name and it just transferred the name within a couple of hours, it would also re-direct any clients that used the old freewebs one so you don't need to worry if you have it already printed on cards. hths

Just to add when you upgrade all of the adverts and any association with freewebs will be removed. My website is TG Beauty.....your beauty treat | and you would never know it is freewebs (unless you've seen the template before lol)

thanks hun, think i will deffo sort this out over next few weeks, xx

I have a freewebs site but after reading this thread I am definately thinking about upgrading mines

i don't like the long address at all!

Latest posts

Back