French Application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first started in nails I worked in a nail salon and I was taught to do French manicures with an airbrush. I loved them as the smile line was so crisp and the application so thin and smooth. However my personal opinion is that an airbrushed French doesn't last as long as a good polish application.

When I left the salon I couldn't justify spending out on an airbrush system, but neither could I get the hang of doing a good handpainted French so removed it from my service menu. but I was missing out on so much income and it sounded pathetic that I was a nail tech and didn't offer French.

So with the help of the lovely geeks (do a search you'll find the threads!) I practiced and persevered and am now fine with them. I'm not the best at application, but once I've tidied with Nailfresh they look the mutts nuts!

All i would say is if you want to airbrush then make sure you don't neglect the hand painted skill too. Could you imagine a scenario of having a large wedding party booked in and your airbrush breaks down, or there's a power cut? Your professional reputation will go through the floor if you cannot offer an alternative which people will expect to be a basic to a nail tech.

Latest posts

Back