French Manicure - Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcp

Reaction score
Hi

I really struggle to do French manicures i use Jessica polish but can't seem to get a professional look. I have tried started in the midde and going round and/or using a side to side motion but they never look even they look too thick patchy - just awful

Please give me some tips as i have a lot of people asking for these and i don't want to do them because i can't do them properly and my confidence is just going.

Thanks xx

It takes a lot of practice to perfect your French manicures but the hard work pays off as it is such a popular service.

When I first started in the industry, I used to do 2 x thin coats of white and tidied up the smile after each coat with a small detailing brush dipped in nail polish remover.

Now I usually manage with 1 coat of white without tidying up but, if necessary, still tidy up to get that perfect end result.

Do a search as there is bound to be loads of threads discussing French polishing.

Hi, I'm a convert to Essie's polish in Marshmallow for the white in a French Manicure. It really does help me do a much better white tip. Good luck! :)

I found using a nail art polish ( the ones with a pen and striping brush) help me.
I use the brush to get the line then can polish up to it with my normal polish, starting in the middle then to each side.

practise makes perfect i used to be AWFUL at french but now i always get compliments whenever i do them. Try practising with a less stark white instead use an ivory colour. Also try moving the finger and not the brush, i find this helps too.
Good Luck!!
xxxxx

Latest posts

Back