French manicure using Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail_316

Reaction score
Hi all
I have done lots of searches but can't find any information on how to create a french manicure with Shellac.
Cam anyone tell me how you create the white smile? With polish I paint it on them tidy up with brush in scrubfresh. Do you do the same thing with Shellac?
Thanks all
Gail
xx.

Hi, check out this video: http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/115762-french-smile-line-video.html

It has changed the way I do french manicures. Honestly, it had made such a difference. You can use this method with Shellac, polish and Brisa POW.

Hope it helps you, as well. :)

thanks so much for this!! Just watched it on the train.
I need to purchase a brush like that :)
I assume that you cure each white smile before putting shellac colour on top?
Thanks again
Gail
xxx

Hi Gail, I think you may be missing out on loads of great information by not knowing about or maybe just not reading or being a member of the Shellac Lovers Group here on salon geek .. The Shellac Group is the busiest group on the site and is loaded with many things techs have tried with Shellac .. including the French manicures that you ask about here.

Just go to GROUPS above on the bar and click there, then you will see the Shellac Lovers Group and just click on it and join up and join us. I think you will learn allot.

thanks so much for this!! Just watched it on the train.
I need to purchase a brush like that :)
I assume that you cure each white smile before putting shellac colour on top?
Thanks again
Gail
xxx

You are very welcome!

I do the white on 5 fingers, then cure. No need to 'flash cure' for 10 seconds before moving on. Then I do Negligee over that and cure.

geeg is right...join the Shellac Lover's Group. Tons of helpful info there. :)

Thanks both, will join the group now! I did not know it existed.
Gail
xxx

Get the brushes from an art shop - WH Smithe even, if you can't get chiselled, just buy normal and snip it. x

PS: I use a 1/4" synthetic hair angled shader. I purchased it at a craft store for not a lot of money. Also, I clean the brush with 99% Isopropyl alcohol when I'm done.

HTH! :)

PS: I use a 1/4" synthetic hair angled shader. I purchased it at a craft store for not a lot of money. Also, I clean the brush with 99% Isopropyl alcohol when I'm done.

HTH! :)
And I may add, it is never a good idea to trim your own brush ... the results are seldom good ones. Buy the right brush for the job.

And I may add, it is never a good idea to trim your own brush ... the results are seldom good ones. Buy the right brush for the job.

AMEN! I've never been able to trim my own brush with any success. :eek:

Latest posts

Back