Friends and family

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiiirsty

Reaction score
So my sister wanted me to do a full set of acrylic nails tonight but I'm coming to the end of my powder and liquid so just asked if she could pay me a small fee just to cover my products and the response I got is 'why should I?' who else gets annoyed that friends and family constantly want free treatments? Or am I just being mean?

My friends pay full price but I will give them the odd bottle of oil for free every now and again. Close family members I would never charge.

Woah that's a bit cheeky! I do my mum for free, my sisters half price, my close friends about 10% off ( depending on the treatment) and that's as good as it gets. I did full set in my sister last week with toes and she gave me£30 :)
she should pay you to cover products minimum but also something as a token of appreciation, your definitely not being mean xxx

Charge everyone full price, then there's no confusion. Having said that, none of my family live near (every cloud.....) but all my mates pay full whack x

It's funny how this creeps in......not noticed at first, but little by little, they want/expect to pay you less!:eek:
It does depend on your relationship, but I'd never charge my mum.:)
Immediate family should AT LEAST pay for the products used.
Outside of that, friends, cousins etc, should pay FULL PRICE.....WHY NOT!:p
Unless, you are 'trading' services.
You do their hair, they do you a facial.......;)

My sister also does nails but expects me to do her nails for free using my products even though she has the full kit sat at home [emoji35] im always busy now when she needs them done

My sister does my hair and I always pay for the products and a tip for her :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I charge a cheap rate to family and close friends. No one is free! I sometimes say oh it's fine it's free today but that's up to me. Like I did my mums pedi the other day free but usually she pays a cheap rate..

My mum usually gives me £5 out of choice! And im only doing close family at min and I charge £5.

i dont charge my mum and some close family for free as they help me out with my little boy etc. close friends i do at a discount. but asking for a small fee to cover materials is def not unfair. she should offer you anyway x

I used to do my mum free (sadly lost her last year:( ) but other rellies get 50% off which I do begrudge lol. Friends are full price

I never used to charge my mum but she insists on paying me saying it's my job and I could be dojng someone else's nails and I'm using my products. Personally I wouldn't charge my mum or my sister but I know they would give me something to cover the product. My friends/family get a discount of £5 off and I dknt charge for extras like art/crystals or fixing a nail with acrylic/gel under their shellac so they r pleased. Xx

I never say id charge my family but they always insist on giving me something! :) xx

I used to do my mum free (sadly lost her last year:( ) but other rellies get 50% off which I do begrudge lol. Friends are full price

Sorry to hear about your mum!! [emoji173]️

I wouldn't charge my immediate family. Would you buying the extra products anyway or is it specially to use on your sister?

This is something that really annoys me too! my partners mum is constantly asking me to do her gels and she never pays me! I feel like I can't say no. I don't want to upset her, but feel like she really takes the piss sometimes! Does the not realise that all these products cost money! [emoji37]

I charge friends and family £6 for a tan that covers my solution and disposables they r bloody expensive lol x

I charge everybody the same. Only do my mom's nails for free. I'm probably lucky, but I never had anyone ask for a discount or God forbid a freebie, lol! They all know it's my job, my business, and in fact a lot of my friends say I should charge more, and constantly try to give me a bigger tip then I feel comfortable taking from them. But I also should add that I don't have any other female relatives in this country. If I had a sister I'd do her staff for free, just like my mom.

I only wanted at least a fiver, even just for petrol to get the suppliers! [emoji85] I do my mum's nails aswell but she just gives me money for product I'm using which is very handy!

The only people I don't charge is my mum and my best friend because they both look after my kids for me during the summer holidays etc so I can go to work. Other than that everyone else pays same price! I used to do cheap for friends etc but then they started taking the mick so I stopped it. You're not being mean, your sister is taking the mick and any decent person would have said "yes of course as you are doing me a favour, I really appreciate it thank you"! Xx

Latest posts

Back