From bleach to high lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blingblonde

Reaction score
My client is struggling to leave behind the bleach , I've just put a treatment on her hair as its desperate for it but she's asked if I could get the same blonde in a colour . Now I've only just started with this client but I know she has been having her hair done at my old college and I know they use goldwell ( I don't like goldwell) now looking at her hair I'm guessing without a chart she's been using 11 p . Anyone know if I can get the same (well near enough ) with wella high lifts ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 41
Ps I am aware that the highest and best lift will be bleach I'm looking for the next closest cheers

Whats her natural depth?

How do you know it was done with highlift previously?

Hi cams, she's a 7 she's been using bleach from how she's described the process and I'm guessing it's 11 p toner just by the colour she is . I didn't have any colour swatch to match but looked on the net and I'm sure I've used that 11 p before and it was close to that shade but that's off the top of my head . She wants to start using high lift I recommended them for quality but don't really know if she can get such a bright clear blonde . I know I can't use it on previously bleached hair but I was going to attempt just root touch up , i know it's not the best idea but she wants that blonde but doesn't want to use bleach anymore . I've suggested slightly darker and that's a no I've suggested just foiling and that's a no

I am thinking it's just gonna have to be a bleach and toner and she will just have to put up with it

I am thinking it's just gonna have to be a bleach and toner and she will just have to put up with it

You're the hairdresser not her!

Heres an idea; take a slice in the back of her head, apply 12/81 with 0/81 and 12% on the new growth in a foil, see how it goes, show her how light it is and see if shes happy... If not then its bleach or nada.

Lol, I know what you are saying but she's one that won't take advice until it's at the point of no return . I was thinking of the 12/81 as I was advised similar for my lovely root glow that I had . How much do you think I just use of 0/81 ?

Lol, I know what you are saying but she's one that won't take advice until it's at the point of no return . I was thinking of the 12/81 as I was advised similar for my lovely root glow that I had . How much do you think I just use of 0/81 ?

Thats why you can do this test to show her.

No more than 7g no less than 3g, i'd say about 5g.

Any highlift color, whatever company will give a golden result versus lightener. The other thing is that highlift color and double amounts of 40vol is more aggressive to hair then lightener + 20vol is, I tested this at Redken labs when I worked there, so if it's a better hair health result to use lightener + 20vol. I would recommend you use Olaplex with your lightener, it really is an awesome product that does what it says it does which is the bond the broken the disulfide bonds make together to make the hair stronger. If you've never tried it I'd highly recommend it. You can learn more about it at www.Olaplex.com.
If using it with lightener it's recommended you use 1 volume higher than normal since Oalplex will dilute a volume down so if you use 20vol normally, use 30vol with Olaplex and it will still act like 20vol.
- Mags Kavanaugh

Thanks Mags , you right about the gold . I've not used olaplex yet , I'm going to see if there is any training course in my area but I think this is the way forward by what reviews have to say

Thanks Mags , you right about the gold . I've not used olaplex yet , I'm going to see if there is any training course in my area but I think this is the way forward by what reviews have to say

Highlifts won't always result in gold. This is why we use special mix and it all depends on contributing pigments.

Highlifts won't always result in gold. This is why we use special mix and it all depends on contributing pigments.
True depending on the underlying pigment or on which level used. Still a warm appearance will show after two weeks or so. There are hardly any level 8 to 9 clients to get highlifts I guess
So most will become warm

True depending on the underlying pigment or on which level used. Still a warm appearance will show after two weeks or so. There are hardly any level 8 to 9 clients to get highlifts I guess
So most will become warm

Yes definitely after a washes but not straight away, you can still achieve a cool result and with proper maintenance you can keep a cool result.

I know but i'm glad there isn't many 8s thats why its so special when we see one[emoji12]

Yes definitely after a washes but not straight away, you can still achieve a cool result and with proper maintenance you can keep a cool result.

I know but i'm glad there isn't many 8s thats why its so special when we see one[emoji12]
A friend of mine is between a level 9/8 and gets roots in winter. The only effective way is lightener as highlift highlights will not really show on her light base[emoji23]

A friend of mine is between a level 9/8 and gets roots in winter. The only effective way is lightener as highlift highlights will not really show on her light base[emoji23]

I'm just so jealous of people with natural base 8s[emoji22]

Latest posts

Back