From Red to Blondey Auburn???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Ive got a client who just called to book in...she has a base of 5, and some bleached up, chunky highlights which two weeks ago i put a color touch of 77/46 over...it came up great, she loves bright bold colours. Well now she's called me saying I want its browney blondey auburny...keep her base at a 5 and with some blonde and coppery tones through it. What I suggested over the phone was that I could bleach up some new bits and tone them to a coppery colour until the red washes out more...cos I know it will still be very vibrant at the moment. I just wanted to know if there was any other way to get her red away without darkening it down to the base shade? I would be fine if I was just doing it all back to brown but can't figure out how to get this 77/46 to say...a 6/34? I told her we could see what we could do when she comes in.

Anyone got any advice? Thank you in advance xx

I just called Wella helpline and she said to try a bleach bath or bleach and warm water, then reintroduce tone, or bleach up a bit more with bleach and pastel for the blondey bits. will keep you posted but if anyone has any other ideas let me knwo thanks a million xxx

Last edited:
Yes you can do a bleach bath to get rid of the red. Foil all your new colours through and then flood in between the foils and the scalp with your base brown again.

So here is what I did. It was soooo red when she came in, she had been using color saver shampoo and conditioner so it was looking so vibrant. I put a bleach bath on it for about 10 mins, then removed, it was an ornagey colour then. So then I foiled a full head of bleach and pastel and 6/34 and 6%, and her full head tine of 3/4 of 6/0 and 1/4 of 6/41 cos i thought that would look quite nice, it was already kinda coppery and it suited her really well, when I rinsed i was suprised how clean the blonde was, it had lifted to a level 9, looked great, and the 6/43 was nice and vibrant, without that wishy washy look that she had had before I coloured it the first time. I'm so chuffed with it, and so was she. Woop!

Thanks for your help :D xxx

Latest posts

Back