Front door or own door?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicholaMUA

Reaction score
Hi all, we are converting my garage into a makeup studio/beauty room and I wanted to ask if you think it's more professional to have its own entrance at the side of the house or to enter into it via my homes front door? Thanks Lovely People xxx

Personally I'd want it's own door, purely so everyones not entering my house! X

That was my initial thought but it won't have a toilet so I thought people might need to come in anyway? xxx

Make it as professional and businesslike as possible. That being said, you also want it cozy and inviting. I could never work from home, as I have six people living at home right now, and they don't help keep things neat. Try to look at the place as if you were the prospective client.

Valid points above. Just to mix it up a little how about having an own entrance but another door leading into the house from the room? So if someone needs the toilet saves the hassle of going outdoors and then into the house plus you can pop into the house between treatments?

Thats what im planning on doing as when i come to sell the house (eventually) its just the outside door that needs bricked up.

Good luck

Last edited:
I think a seperate entrance for clients is much more professional - id love to have the option to do that - as a client i feel much more at ease going in through a dedicated entrance - it feels more like a salon and makes the experience a little more enjoyable - but im funny about going into peoples houses to get things done thats just me!

I had a little salon next to my house, just like what you are planning, but ended up having to get a shop as the council said I needed planning consent to change my house to a business premises, even though my salon was tiny! Planning consent was pricey and a nightmare, plus if you have signage, remember you need to pay for consent for that, PLUS council tax banding changes for your home, councils are REALLY clamping down on this now so beware if you work from a home salon!

Thank you all so much xxx

Latest posts

Back