Front layered Haircut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinless

Reaction score
Hello everybody!!

First of all excuse my request (as stupid it may be, don`t get me wrong).
I am currently applying for a job to a very known salon. Well, where i am from, we are not very familiar with the concept of front layered. From that i have been told, the will ask me to do a "classic front layered haircut" . Could someone help me with this concept? Or if you have a scheme or a diagram of the haircut, it would help me a lot. They said it`s going to be a "classic front layered haircut without layers in the back"

Thank you very much for your attention and your replies !!

isnt this when the hair is shaped round the face? like basically a one length cut untill u come to the shaping to frame the face? if it is what i am thinking off they will be looking for symmetry and ur abilty to gauge where to start ur layering and where to put the texture to suit the clients face shape etc.

Hello,

They just said : long layered cut with forward graduation

What could that be ? Would that be the classical layered cut with 45 degrees angles from the temple area ? With over-direction in the front ?

Thanks !

i am near positive forward graduation is the hair that falls around the face being longer at the base line and shorter as it goes up to say chin level. . . often done with a razor . . see what other guys say lol but im near convinced of it x

Shaping round the face! Got it in one lol- good luck

I agree with the forward graduation bit it's laying the hair from base to wherever the client requires or where you feel it suits the face shape.
My idea on a long layered hair cut is layers through the back as well aa the front, in which case I take a section through the middle from forehead to crown, pulling to a 90degree angle from the head then raising all the hair to meer this guide line. The layers can then be shorter on top yet you still keep the length and weight through the back.
You can over direct towards the front hairline to strengthen the amount of layers through the front with out layering the back to much but in my opinion a long layered hair cut will always have some sort of laying through the back.
But I feel like you've mentioned 2 different cuts.......a long layered cut with forward graduation is different from a classic front layered haircut???
Hope that all makes sense lol x

let the hair fall into its natural way. Cut straight across baseline. Loosly cut front, extending hair forward round the face. Section very exact to get both sides equal. Then raise the head slightly back and comb hair down at sides. Clean up any longer hairs remaining.

I would understand this to be forward graduation.. Basically a one length cut with layers to frame the face? X

Latest posts

Back