Frustration with Balayage colors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbean

Reaction score
I seem to have so many clients bring me these unreal immaculate color pictures they have found on Pinterest that seem like it would take two full days in the salon to achieve such perfection. (Ok little exaggeration) The balayage (non swelling bleach) that I have tried will not lift a level 6 past a Carmel or super golden blonde, and many of the color examples they send me have several colors of blondes in them also. I’d love to be able to really rock these colors, preferably in one color service. Any helps would be appreciated .

I seem to have so many clients bring me these unreal immaculate color pictures they have found on Pinterest that seem like it would take two full days in the salon to achieve such perfection. (Ok little exaggeration) The balayage (non swelling bleach) that I have tried will not lift a level 6 past a Carmel or super golden blonde, and many of the color examples they send me have several colors of blondes in them also. I’d love to be able to really rock these colors, preferably in one color service. Any helps would be appreciated .
You could use bleach and the back comb method and do teasy lights ? Or do baby lights with bleach then balayage with the balayage product too then use a toner to blend the baby lights in ? X

You can still use the balayage technique but separated with mesh, wrap or foil so it would allow you to use a stronger bleach to get the lift that you would like, sometimes though It can still take 1 or more appointments to achieve these looks and the problem is, everyone’s in a rush, they need to be out by said time, they want that look in one 2 hour sitting and want to pay between £50 -£80 for it. Xxxxx

Go on a course it really helps - I have 4/5 different ways to tackle a look. I do Balayage all day every day and not often do I feel like I’ve nailed it but that’s the problem with these pics

You could use bleach and the back comb method and do teasy lights ? Or do baby lights with bleach then balayage with the balayage product too then use a toner to blend the baby lights in ? X

Thanks, that’s a good idea. I do like the teasing method.

Go on a course it really helps - I have 4/5 different ways to tackle a look. I do Balayage all day every day and not often do I feel like I’ve nailed it but that’s the problem with these pics

Good advice, yes I sometimes think it would be best to set the client up with an expectation of it may take more than one service to achieve the results you are after.

You can still use the balayage technique but separated with mesh, wrap or foil so it would allow you to use a stronger bleach to get the lift that you would like, sometimes though It can still take 1 or more appointments to achieve these looks and the problem is, everyone’s in a rush, they need to be out by said time, they want that look in one 2 hour sitting and want to pay between £50 -£80 for it. Xxxxx
Thank you, I think your right about the expectation. And I have separated with foil as well and I’ll play around with that again incorporating the teasing and smudging a toner through the root possibly. Thanks!

Have a look for "lisalovesbalayage" on instagram. Im always picking up new techniques from her. She is the balayage queen lol

Latest posts

Back