Fudge colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie36

Reaction score
Hey guys
Can someone give me a little info on the colour range, I'm used to using Wella.
What it's like?
Mixing radio?
Are the number the same as Wella?

we have been on the Fudge color since july this year and it is excellent, great price and we have had 3 lots of education now.
Our first session was theory which was interesting and really good to go over the basics, then we had a holding hands day they call it, so when we did the change the educator was with us for the day to help with the change over, and only on Thursday this week we had a afternoon which was advanced training to iron out any issues we may have experienced, but we are so glad we made the change, the deals are so much better, the costs is great too, and for the color and coverage it is amazing.

That's sounds brilliant. Do they work on the same system as wella ect with using numbers (3- gold 1- ash).
What the mixing ratio?
Colour development time?

very similiar to Wella except 7 is mocha tone.

The mixing ratio is 1 to 1.5 so it goes a long, it is 90% organic based and also contains rice milk protein so it is kind to hair, shiny and last ages on hair.

Develepoment time is 45 mins and hi lifts are a mix of 1 to 2 and they take 55 mins to process.

Really good swatch from Wella, loreal and like i say the results are fantastic, the brand itself is funky and edgy and it has changed the whole of the salon as we feel so motivated now and just love it .

Thank you, it's nice to know that they do a lot of education ect :)
Sounds like an exciting brand to use :)

it is we are amazed at shine, the results are amazing, and also you can use 40 vol ( 12%) on grey coverage, so you get great results, i hope you enjoy .

Hi I've been using fudge a while now and loving it. I've just about converted all my clients to having fudge instead of wella. The feedback from them is great they say it doesn't fade as quick and it has better grey coverage and shine. I find tubes of colour go a lot further and saved money as well as it's cheaper to buy. The only thing I find is they seam a little darker than wella so say client has an 8/0 wella I would mix fudge 8/0 with 9/0. I'm loving them.x

Thank you for letting me know that it may come out a little darker :) so It will make the switch over go smoothly lol plus I've got a trade test tomorrow at a new salon who uses fudge :)

How many mls is in a tube? And where do you get your fudge stock from? (Rep, wholesaler, online..)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

Base shades are all 100ml and the tonal shades are all 60 ml, 1 to 1.5 mix, we deal with alanhoward and have a rep come in every 4 weeks

Base shades are all 100ml and the tonal shades are all 60 ml, 1 to 1.5 mix, we deal with alanhoward and have a rep come in every 4 weeks

I've seen Alan howard doing them , I quite like the Speed bleach so tend use that.
I might get a tube of colour and see how it goes :)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

I'm confused that people think fudge covers. I've been using it and haven't achieved full coverage on any client and have got to re colour two clients because the colour just washed off and didn't penetrate the hair at all. I can't receive training because apparently just being one stylist doesn't make me big enough to have free training. So I'm rather pissed to say the least. Absolute crap service from fudge. Not happy at all.

Wow i am shocked, you measuring the color to 1 :1.5 ?
You using the right developer ?
I have to be honest about 10 years with my last color i use to use, i had this exact issue, and hands up i used a cheaper peroxide and i did not measure and my application was poor, but when i was told it was fine.

Only last week our rep came in and told us of a another fudge course in August at the branch, 2 of the staff are going to it, it is free, and a full day so why don't you go on the courses in the branch ?

Latest posts

Back