Full head bleach highlights to balayage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HCMobile

Reaction score
hi

I currently have a client who has been having a full head of bleach highlights for the last few years so the ends are a pretty solid blonde. She's decided she wanted to return to a more darker natural look with a bit of balayage. I've attached the photo that she's sent to me I just wanted some suggestions on how to do I guess a reverse balayage? Having done balayages before I've only done them on hair with a dark base and then just going in and lightend free hand. I'm a little stuck on the way to go about going from full head of bleach highlights to this soft look? Her hair is currently around a base 10 so I am aware I could be having to pre pig the hair however I don't want to pre pig it all,apply the chosen base shade then go back in and lighten pieces again as her hair isn't the best condition due to years of colouring. I'm using wella in salon could someone suggest a method to achieve it? She doesn't want red or a lot of warmth in her base. Any suggestions on shades I could go straight in with instead of pre pigging?

Also suggestions for toning down the blonde?

Sorry for the paragraph but it's been wrecking my brain for the last 2 days

Attachments

• IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 70
With the being so dark I think you'll be fine to not pre pig as long as you include some gold in with it so the result isn't too flat ... does she want it this dark from a base ten?

With the being so dark I think you'll be fine to not pre pig as long as you include some gold in with it so the result isn't too flat ... does she want it this dark from a base ten?

Hi thanks for your reply and yes she wants to go straight in with base colour to a 5 but I think I might do 6 because it will most likely grab. What shade would you suggest using iso I wouldn't need to pre pig and like you've mention so it isn't too flat? I'm really unsure on this and just want some reassurence lol!

I might thinking 6/37?

I'd try to persude her to go darker gradually starting with some balayage lowlights on a 7 rather than going from a 10 to a 5. Also, the Illumina colours are nice for giving a subtle dimension to the hair.
Otherwise, she's likely to find it a shock after being blonde for so long and might want you to reverse it back straightaway. (Husbands/boyfriends can be quite persuasive...!)

I'd try to persude her to go darker gradually starting with some balayage lowlights on a 7 rather than going from a 10 to a 5. Also, the Illumina colours are nice for giving a subtle dimension to the hair.
Otherwise, she's likely to find it a shock after being blonde for so long and might want you to reverse it back straightaway. (Husbands/boyfriends can be quite persuasive...!)

Hi thanks for your reply I too suggested to do it gradually but she's determined to go straight down to a base 5/6.

Do you have any brown clip in extensions? I'd use these around her face so that she can see how drastic the new colour will be.
Also, I recommend you use a semi or Demi tint rather than permanent. Make sure she's clear about not reverting straight back to blonde if her hair is already compromised.
I'd always pre-pig with gold as it will help give it some depth and longevity, otherwise, it's likely to look a bit muddy coloured as it fades.

Latest posts

Back