Full head bleach to balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I mean, personally it wouldn't enter my head but that's what wella is instructing to do isn't it?
I've been with my Colour house forever so I know enough to twerk here and there against manufacturer instructions.. In my head I just can't imagine why they tell you to use 6%?!

Wella doesn't specify a level of developer on the illumina instructions folder for darkening prelightened hair.

Ok got it ...never heard the expression pre pigment... I call it 'filling' the hair before coloring

That's what I mean, personally it wouldn't enter my head but that's what wella is instructing to do isn't it?
I've been with my Colour house forever so I know enough to twerk here and there against manufacturer instructions.. In my head I just can't imagine why they tell you to use 6%?!

I've always kinda wanted to try 6% when going for an icy white blonde, but I would have to do it on my own hair first. I suspect that you would get less tonal deposit and therefore more "sheer" results.

Hi everyone this is my first post on here so apologies if I'm not quite right first time.. tomorrow I've got a client who is full head bleach and wants a balayage as shown in pic below I use wella but have not used illumina yet can anyone recommend how I'd go about it thanks she has said she doesn't want to be that warm as in the pic please help View attachment 192609View attachment 192610
Definitely use Olaplex!

Love it, I'm pinching you colour idea for my client next week Thankyou xx

This color is way too complicated I think to explain via a forum. Without writing a total novel, I would pre-pigment, rinse, blow dry, foil hair with conditioner (to save some of the current blonde), paint between those foils with new root color, process. Then rinse, glaze highlights down at root to take away lines, blow dry. And then lowlight (from a 6--->8--->10) to blend out root to blonde dimension, with some balayage around the face to add brightness and through areas I may want to blend out more. Minimum 6 hour appt. I can't imagine this happening with a basic formulation that wasn't very aggressive on the hair. All using low-peroxide balayage bleach and semi-permeant colors.
How long have you been hairdressing if you don't know what a pre-pigment is?
The person is from another country, he or she could have another term for pre pigment. Don't always assume the worst ;-)

Latest posts

Back