Full head highlights to Ombre?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRx

Reaction score
Hi I have a client currently full head bleach highlights would like to go to an ombre style like caroline flack? what would be the best way to do this?

Thanx xx

Hi I have a client currently full head bleach highlights would like to go to an ombre style like caroline flack? what would be the best way to do this?

Thanx xx

What colours is Caroline flack?
It's going to mean tinting roots then doing the ends.
Start at the nape and work up in sections applying the root colour and ends colour at the same time xoxo

There's only one slight ombre style there, more of a "you waited 2 months to get your roots done" look.
Why would you use foils?
What are your ideas for colours to use and application? Xoxo

Its the only ombre pic I could find on shorter length hair x just wasnt sure to weave any bits or just paint it on? x

Last edited:
Its the only ombre pic I could find on short hair x just wasnt sure to weave any bits or just paint it on? x

There isn't any short hair on there. Just a collage of medium and long. What colours are you thinking? And how short is short? Xoxo

There isn't any short hair on there. Just a collage of medium and long. What colours are you thinking? And how short is short? Xoxo

I didnt mean short hair. I meant like thats the pic I found with the closest length to my clients hair most ombre pictures the hair is much longer. Her hair is a similar length to the pic I previously posted.

the colours are like this link > Caroline Flack's hair goes from blonde back to dip-dye in just weeks! - Miss Mode: Fashion and Beauty News - Reveal

Thanx

Last edited:
I didnt mean short hair. I meant like thats the pic I found with the closest length to my clients hair most ombre pictures the hair is much longer. Her hair is a similar length to the pic I previously posted.

the colours are like this link > Caroline Flack's hair goes from blonde back to dip-dye in just weeks! - Miss Mode: Fashion and Beauty News - Reveal

Thanx

I'm trying to explain there is NO short hair in the last link! Do you actually want help? Are you even a hairdresser?

I'm trying to explain there is NO short hair in the last link! Do you actually want help? Are you even a hairdresser?

Yeh I am actually a hairdresser. I thought we were meant to help each other on here. This is something Ive never been asked to do before and came on here for advice. All your doing is trying to be smart and cheeky and think your better than me. I didnt mean SHORT hair. I had been looking for a picture and all the pictures are long hair. I mean MEDIUM hair then. And if you know so much I said like the picture.. obviously I didnt mean SHORT hair.

Yeh I am actually a hairdresser. I thought we were meant to help each other on here. This is something Ive never been asked to do before and came on here for advice. All your doing is trying to be smart and cheeky and think your better than me. I didnt mean SHORT hair. I had been looking for a picture and all the pictures are long hair. I mean MEDIUM hair then. And if you know so much I said like the picture.. obviously I didnt mean SHORT hair.

There is 59 pictures on the first link.
I'm not trying to be smart, I'm trying to get enough information to give you a answer that is in keeping with what you are looking to do, you have very little information and the only link that showed a specific look was the second one.
You never stated the clients hair length, so with saying short am I to know you mean medium?

Yes this site is here for advice, help ad clarification. All 3 can only be done with information.

Your profile has very little information, there are many DIY stylists here and after having vague information I asked a perfectly acceptable question.

So now I will ask for all the I formation I need to give you a full answer that is relevant to your client:
Hair length (is it shoulder length, just below shoulder, mid neck length)
Natural colour including tones.
Current colour (including tones)
Previous colours used

Ombré on short hair? That most likely will look a hot mess... I imagine what she is really requesting is Balayage highlights, and not "ombré".

And I just read the switch to medium length and not short hair.... I would transition her into Balayage highlights for a softer effect than foils.

Ombré on short hair? That most likely will look a hot mess... I imagine what she is really requesting is Balayage highlights, and not "ombré".

And I just read the switch to medium length and not short hair.... I would transition her into Balayage highlights for a softer effect than foils.

Glad I'm not the only one who assumed she meant short hair coco

Its not being done on SHORT hair!!!!

Just to clarify... Short hair are crops, pixies, or anything where parts of the ears are exposed... Medium length is anything from chin to shoulders... Long hair is any length beyond the shoulders... IMO. :)

There is 59 pictures on the first link.
I'm not trying to be smart, I'm trying to get enough information to give you a answer that is in keeping with what you are looking to do, you have very little information and the only link that showed a specific look was the second one.
You never stated the clients hair length, so with saying short am I to know you mean medium?

Yes this site is here for advice, help ad clarification. All 3 can only be done with information.

Your profile has very little information, there are many DIY stylists here and after having vague information I asked a perfectly acceptable question.

So now I will ask for all the I formation I need to give you a full answer that is relevant to your client:
Hair length (is it shoulder length, just below shoulder, mid neck length)
Natural colour including tones.
Current colour (including tones)
Previous colours used

When I go on the first link there is 1 pic and it is Miley Cyrus.. dont see the other 58?
I said the clients length was similar to the picture.. which was why I posted the link.. obviously I wouldnt mean short.. that wouldnt work.. I said the clients hair was like the length in the picture.
If I wasnt a hairdresser, my post would have been moved from this forum.
Also.. if you had came on and asked me these questions in the first place I could have gave you the information rather than you jumping in asking if Im a hairdresser and repeating there is NO short hair when I had already explained it was mediumand trying to talk down to me. Im not stupid.. I have been a hairdresser for years.. but this is my first time doing this.
Also I said when I started the post the client has a full head of bleach highlights so you knew the current colour and I posted the link to caroline flacks as the colour she would like. Also told you the length was similar to the first pic.. so from all your list the only thing I didnt tell you was her natural colour.. which is a base 5.

When I go on the first link there is 1 pic and it is Miley Cyrus.. dont see the other 58?
I said the clients length was similar to the picture.. which was why I posted the link.. obviously I wouldnt mean short.. that wouldnt work.. I said the clients hair was like the length in the picture.
If I wasnt a hairdresser, my post would have been moved from this forum.
Also.. if you had came on and asked me these questions in the first place I could have gave you the information rather than you jumping in asking if Im a hairdresser and repeating there is NO short hair when I had already explained it was mediumand trying to talk down to me. Im not stupid.. I have been a hairdresser for years.. but this is my first time doing this.
Also I said when I started the post the client has a full head of bleach highlights so you knew the current colour and I posted the link to caroline flacks as the colour she would like. Also told you the length was similar to the first pic.. so from all your list the only thing I didnt tell you was her natural colour.. which is a base 5.

This is what I get, the collage of pictures is a moving one to scroll through options. Please re read your posts to see where it states medium length other than after you got naggy.
There are non hairdressers who's posts stay here and do get answered.
If you knew what I would need, as being a hairdresser for so long you would know what I asked is a basic knowledge needed to be able to assess and decide on a colour or technique.

I'm giving up now as there are too many on here who don't give enough information and see their behind when they are asked simple questions or asked if they are part of the industry or not.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353175130.455637.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353175130.455637.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 213
0312-mily-cyrus-ombre-hair-color_bd.jpg

This is what i get?!?!

This is what I get, the collage of pictures is a moving one to scroll through options. Please re read your posts to see where it states medium length other than after you got naggy.
There are non hairdressers who's posts stay here and do get answered.
If you knew what I would need, as being a hairdresser for so long you would know what I asked is a basic knowledge needed to be able to assess and decide on a colour or technique.

I'm giving up now as there are too many on here who don't give enough information and see their behind when they are asked simple questions or asked if they are part of the industry or not.

I said the hair was similar length to the pic.. it must be because your on mobile that the site has come up different because following the link on the computer the link comes up fine.. I gave enough information.. I said the client had full head bleach highlights.. gave a pic of length and a pic of what the colour was to be like so what have I not gave enough info on?

When i clicked the link i got caroline flack with medium length hair ( on the shoulders ) roots and mid lengths were around a base 4 -5 ends look like they had been bleached very light blonde but some of the hair round the back were darker maybe 12/0 .
I then clicked again and got miley cyrus ( dont know if her name is spelt right )
Are you asking about caroline or miley hair ? x

Latest posts

Back