Full nail (press on) glue or tabs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BitsyProspect

Reaction score
I need advice as I am creating a few sets of "press on" nails as a gift for my friend who lives too far away for me to do her nails. I am using a generic but not cheap full coverage nail, shortening/shaping them and polishing with Gelish and Shellac as well as adding some glitter and decals.
She has had Acrylic Nails done by a NSS in her area thinking she was getting Gel Nails and now refuses to trust anyone but me. She wants to grow her nails and I am sending her a care package complete with tools, cuticle oil, advice etc. She is an on/off nail biter and most of her nails are pretty good right now for press on. By the time she receives my package, hopefully she will have kept her promise and not bitten any more.
She is a professional business owner in the medical field and does presentations about once a month so she uses glue on nails from the drug store that leaves a residue that she just can't remove or the glue takes layers off her nails and ruins them... leading to more picking. I will be giving her the best products and advice on EVERYTHING!!
What is the BEST adhesive either glue or tabs, to use that works well and is removable easily? I will even order from the UK if need be to get the right one (I am in CANADA). Only the best for my friend.
Thank you for your help!

Added:
I have never used full nails but I do have a fantastic CND tip glue... Would that be acceptable to use for them? I am still holding out with hopes my fellow Geeks can help me!

Attachments

• lynne.jpg
    lynne.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Glue recommendation or adhesive tabs???
CND tip glue?
How to remove glue and false (full press-on) nails without damaging natural nails?
Anyone?

Hi,

It's really good that you're taking the time and effort to think what would be the best for your friends nails :)

If she has been to an NSS salon and is an occasional nail biter I'm assuming, correct me if I'm wrong, that her nails aren't in the best condition?

If that's the case I'd recommend the sticky tabs, they're much gentler on your nails. The tabs aren't as 'strong' as the glue, but if you pack in a few extras then it's easy enough to replace a tab if one of the nails falls off (also makes it easier to re-use the nails if needed).

Hope this helps.

I need advice as I am creating a few sets of "press on" nails as a gift for my friend who lives too far away for me to do her nails. I am using a generic but not cheap full coverage nail, shortening/shaping them and polishing with Gelish and Shellac as well as adding some glitter and decals.
She has had Acrylic Nails done by a NSS in her area thinking she was getting Gel Nails and now refuses to trust anyone but me. She wants to grow her nails and I am sending her a care package complete with tools, cuticle oil, advice etc. She is an on/off nail biter and most of her nails are pretty good right now for press on. By the time she receives my package, hopefully she will have kept her promise and not bitten any more.
She is a professional business owner in the medical field and does presentations about once a month so she uses glue on nails from the drug store that leaves a residue that she just can't remove or the glue takes layers off her nails and ruins them... leading to more picking. I will be giving her the best products and advice on EVERYTHING!!
What is the BEST adhesive either glue or tabs, to use that works well and is removable easily? I will even order from the UK if need be to get the right one (I am in CANADA). Only the best for my friend.
Thank you for your help!

Added:
I have never used full nails but I do have a fantastic CND tip glue... Would that be acceptable to use for them? I am still holding out with hopes my fellow Geeks can help me!

Thank you for responding SianPeche. As you can see by the photo of my friend's nails, she has awful hangnails and has bitten her pinkie right down. This is my friend really trying, then probably getting a catch on her pinkie, no nail file handy and not having the willpower to leave it be. She has a 6 year old autistic son and is very busy so she would need something quite durable to hold her "special occasion" nails on.
I'm sending a complete care package! Files, cuticle oil, hand lotion, nails, glue, nail polish, remover, cuticle sticks and complete instructions!
I'm just stumped on the glue to hold her nails down. She may need to compromise on the durability in order to not ruin her natural nails when they are removed. I like the idea of having some extra tabs and nails in her purse in case she lose one.

I think it's a lovely idea! Go with the tabs, i'm sure she will appreciate it and if she can resist from biting her nails (should be easier with the ones you send her to wear :)) and uses your care package then her nails will be in better condition in no time! Good luck.

Thank you for responding SianPeche. As you can see by the photo of my friend's nails, she has awful hangnails and has bitten her pinkie right down. This is my friend really trying, then probably getting a catch on her pinkie, no nail file handy and not having the willpower to leave it be. She has a 6 year old autistic son and is very busy so she would need something quite durable to hold her "special occasion" nails on.
I'm sending a complete care package! Files, cuticle oil, hand lotion, nails, glue, nail polish, remover, cuticle sticks and complete instructions!
I'm just stumped on the glue to hold her nails down. She may need to compromise on the durability in order to not ruin her natural nails when they are removed. I like the idea of having some extra tabs and nails in her purse in case she lose one.

Believe it or not I've heard wig tape is one of the best temporary nail adhesives.

Latest posts

Back