Fuming, advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geminikelli

Reaction score
Hi all

need to be quick so sorry for any mistakes etc..

so today i am off as not very well and have left the salon in capable hands etc so i call around 5ish to check all has been ok and my lady says she has a client come in standing in front of her that wants to talk to me about a refund.. i asked who it was and what the problem was .. she started to tell me and i interupted her and said take her number and ill call her back.

so once left the salon my girl calls me back to tell me whats gone on:

I did acrylics last thursday and she wanted gellux over the top of them, apparantly that night some came off and she had to get them recitified in local chinese nail bar and she said they could not stop laughing at my work because you never ever ever ever put gel polish over acrylics.
she insisted she wanted a refund and had been trying to contact me about the problem to which my girl said well i would have replied how has she contacted me and she said well she had no credit so could not call me and this was the first chance she has had to come into salon.. (baring in mind she knows where i live as her cousin is my neighbour and she also lives 2 streets away!) it was then explained that no refund would be issued as its not salon policy and she should have contacted me straight away and not gone elsewhere etc etc to which she replied ok well if she dont im taking this further im sure your boss does not want a CCJ against her..

ok so after ive stopped laughing! i took her number and as im not well and really cant be bothered getting into a heated argument i text her saying basically i was not in a position to call her tonight but wanted to resolve the issue straight away, that it was not salon policy to refund and she should have made contact with me and she had plenty of avenues to explore to contact me one being facebook where she is on our business profile so she could have messaged me explaining she had no credit and i would have called her etc.. i then went on to say if she wanted to take 'this' further id happily provide her with my insurance details but i was baffled to what her case would actually be considering she would have no evidence to support her case at all. i also explained that im qualified in gellux and it can be applied over enchancements and she had been mis informed, i then also said i do not react happily to threats and i have no concerns abouting a CCJ as she obv did not understand what one is...

i wrote this all proffessionally.

ok so now im awaiting the backlash from her no reply as yet.. i also contacted the mentioned nail bar and asked them if i could have gellux over acrylics and he said no so i asked why and he said well basically it takes longer and id have to charge you more! so again i asked but why cant i have a gel polish over acrylics and what professional knowledge is he backing this with to which i was then passed on to another person who basically spoke little english so i hung up.

so how do i know stop her slating me all over facebook she is a loud mouth and i wont be backing down at all, if she had come to me then i would have resolved any issues i still dont actually understand what the issue is as my girl said first of all she said the gellux was not right on the cuticle then she said something about the acrylics then said oh you prob just think im a chav wanting my money back.. apparantly she was quite aggressive in her tone and body language.

So if i am to see her write anything bad about me is this when i can spout legal jargon about slander and how i can utilise my insurance and legal cover??? hoping that will just shut her up?

Well she hasn't got a leg to stand on hun. What's she going to sue you for? Chipped gel polish? Hahaha what a joke. You were willing to rectify the problem if she had evidence there was one and she didn't so that's her problem not yours. Sounds to me she is just after her money back. I wouldn't waste another second worrying about it. :biggrin:

What always amuses me about these stories is that they had to rush for emergency appointments to another salon instead of returning to the original salon to resolve the issue. I personally think she is either short of cash or it's time for a change and she wants a new set! Either way she is trying her luck and if someone is genuinley not happy with a service they very rarely go about complaining in this manner

i'm thinking she either picked off the colour herself, didnt follow her aftercare or decided she wanted a different colour, saw the service somewhere cheaper than you, went in and got told you shouldn't put gel polish over enhancements and she thought... bingo!!! refund here i come :lol:

Latest posts

Back