Fuzzies in finished Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahwoo

Reaction score
hi there
I have just done my shellac course four weeks ago.I have been doing lots of shellacing. But nearly ever set i do there is a finger or two fingers that have these jaggie bits or lumpy bits. i am following everything the tutor told me to do. i even asked her advice and followed it but it still keeps on happening.Has any one got any idea what it may be or has it happened to anyone else?

Must be bits of cuticle? Make sure it's all removed, I get it when I do my own sometimes if I've done it quickly.

A common cause is 'fuzzys', bits of lint from nail wipes.
Try different nail wipes/pads to see what gives you the least problems.

You may need to consider that it could now have got in your product though if you've been unaware.
After polishing the nail, before curing, just check over the nail using the line of light to look for any bits stuck in the colour before curing.
If you see any fuzzys, use an orange wood stick to remove them before curing.

If you notice any at the end of the service you can gently buff it with a koala to smooth and reapply top coat to bring back the shine.

Also, make sure you are not being too rough when PEPing and damaging the nail plate- causing bits of nail plate to stick up.

You may need to consider that it could now have got in your product though if you've been unaware.
After polishing the nail, before curing, just check over the nail using the line of light to look for any bits stuck in the colour before curing.

If you notice any at the end of the service you can gently buff it with a koala to smooth and reapply top coat to bring back the shine.

Also, make sure you are not being too rough when PEPing and damaging the nail plate- causing bits of nail plate to stick up.

Are you following me tonight :p. I was going to add about the fuzzys but I'm my phone and I make loads of mistakes when typing lol. Glad you added it. X

Yep! :evil::lol:

I was too slow at typing on the last thread :lol:

So, where next!? :wink2:

Great advice Buffing it off and retop. I learned the hard way not to cliped the bit off that causes break down later I guess because it clips some of the base coat cover. Even if you shellaced over it.

Yep! :evil::lol:

I was too slow at typing on the last thread :lol:

So, where next!? :wink2:

Sadly I fell asleep last night lol. Try not to stalk me today eh? :p

Fuzzies drive me nucking futs!!!!!

So much so that after I wipe the nails with Scrub Fresh and a nail wipe, I go over them again with Scrub Fresh and a nail detail brush.

Fuzzies drive me nucking futs!!!!!

So much so that after I wipe the nails with Scrub Fresh and a nail wipe, I go over them again with Scrub Fresh and a nail detail brush.

Yep, drive me nucking futs too :D And I have started to do the same, after scrubfreshing, I then wipe over with an IBD nail wipe after to remove any left over bits of fuzzy and these are totally lint free. I would use these from the start but they disintegrate a bit with the scrubfresh. They are great for the D-Sperse though :wink2:

I hate them so much, they drive me insane - I now see them even when they're not there!!

Best thing I've found to use is gauze not the lint free wipes because they're just liers and I dont know in what universe they are lint free but its not this one.

I just cut the gauze to size and everything is perfect, no fuzzies :)

Karaxxx

I hate them so much, they drive me insane - I now see them even when they're not there!!

Best thing I've found to use is gauze not the lint free wipes because they're just liers and I dont know in what universe they are lint free but its not this one.

I just cut the gauze to size and everything is perfect, no fuzzies :)

Karaxxx
I agree, lint free not true. I have also found when heaters on in cold weather there's a lot more dust. I work out of my home. I'm going to use an air filter on my desks hoping that will help. As long as it doesn't draw the dust across the table to filter it. If that doesn't work then I'll use a big room cleaner. :biggrin:

We know we've all truly lost it when we start dreaming that the fuzzies are coming to get us! They're the bain of my life :green:!

"Scrubfreshing"....a new verb.

I shall use it.

Fab isn't it?? I might write to the Oxford Dictionary and inform them of my invention and demand it's entry into the English language :wink2:

We know we've all truly lost it when we start dreaming that the fuzzies are coming to get us! They're the bain of my life :green:!

I actually had an out of body experience, while fighting with one particularly bad episode of the fuzzies, where I thought I actually licked the client's nails to get the little bastards off the nail plate! :eek:

I actually had an out of body experience, while fighting with one particularly bad episode of the fuzzies, where I thought I actually licked the client's nails to get the little bastards off the nail plate! :eek:

Now that has just made me laugh out loud!! :biggrin:

:eek: Highly offended by your use of an inappropriate word. I am so hitting that red button......

:eek: Highly offended by your use of an inappropriate word. I am so hitting that red button......

Really, Planky? All the vulgar things I say and this....this is the one that sets you off?! LOL

Really, Planky? All the vulgar things I say and this....this is the one that sets you off?! LOL

Hahahahaha!!!! It's not as funny as the other vulgar things you say :D xx

Ok, so I got the fuzzies last week with my bottle of hotski. It was a new bottle, and the first brushload out. Explain that one. Im sure it was in the bottle and not my nail.

Latest posts

Back