Gap between tip and natural nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nk nails

Reaction score
Hi all, I did my nails yesterday and noticed today that there is a very small gap between some of my tips and the tipnatural nail. So just underneath my extension. I haven't had this problem with clients nails and Im wondering if I applied some of the tips wrong? Anyone know what i could have done wrong?? I hope i explained it properly.

hiya

sounds like you might have quite flat nails and used a fairly curved tip? Maybe your clients till now have been curvier?

You mean like bubbles under the tip? If so, dab a little drop of glue in the smile line of the tip so that this can enforce it more.

If you used a tip with a well then you haven't applied the tip far down enough as it should fit flush to the natural nail, this can be difficult sometimes with full well tips, you have to make sure the natural nail is filed correctly so you get a snug fit, or use well-less tips :)

If you used a tip with a well then you haven't applied the tip far down enough as it should fit flush to the natural nail, this can be difficult sometimes with full well tips, you have to make sure the natural nail is filed correctly so you get a snug fit, or use well-less tips :)

That's exactly what I would say is the problem. File the shape of the natural nail to mirror the well and then push the tip back as you apply until you feel the ridge butt into the natural nail.

Thanks for all the advice. I will remove the tips with a gap and try again. My tips are full well so I think I might have stuck them down a little wrong. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back