Gatineau

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya, I use Gatineau Products and love them all!!! they do exactly what they say on the can, so to speek!! They are the main umberella for a few facial companies out there Guinot being one of them.
They are sooo adaptable and you can see results straight away, which is what your clients want.
I would deffo go for the training, you wont regret it. You'l have to let us know how you get on.:)
See Ya
CAZ X

thanks for the comments foundations

This may sound cynical but although your tutor may supply you, would she be charging you trade? What's in it for her? I don't have any personal experience of Gatineau but something you said elsewhere, maybe in your blog, that you would probably only offer one type of facial... imo you need to steer clear of complicated ranges because all you are going to really need is cleanse, tone and moisturise for the basic 3 skin types, one or two exfoliators, a masking kit so you can make your own, and maybe an eye gel / cream, lip balm and I would probably get a hydrosol.

It might be an idea to consider whether or not you want to retail... many facial clients like to buy skincare products, so if you want to retail you would need your own account to order stock, so you make proper profit from it.

Eve Taylor sounds like the perfect option, although I personally haven't tried it :)

Academie I know nothing about, except what Gabi has said (and Juliette) so I am under the impression they are excellent products but again, it may be that they want you to buy all kinds of complicated stuff you simply do not need and won't use.

Jmho :)

thanks for that zozo.

the starter pack consists of 1 cleanser and toner and exfoliator for all skin types, 3 masks, 2 moisturisers, 1 eye serum, 1 eyemake-up remover and some anti-ageing ampoules.

I have academie rep coming out to speak to me, and they know what I am wanting, they too have a cleanser, toner, etc for all skin types but then have a box of interchangeable products to suit individual skintypes.

But, yes, I agree, I would like to go into retailing as have a display counter. And the thought of doing everything through the tutor isn't really ideal.

Have got the price lists for Eve Taylor too, and have used her essential oils in the past and liked them.

Is the tutor a distributer? If not I'd be very wary of buying from her.

she said she has permission to distribute me the starter pack. After that I don't know, but then again, I haven't asked her yet.
I'm sure this will only come clear when I meet her on wednesday.

How was the training?

I had a fab time! It was 1-2-1 so the course felt very personal to me, and ended up asking loads of questions.

I liked the products but weren't WOWED! by them so won't be buying the pack.

I learnt some new techinques and feel competent to start doing the facials straight away as really I only needed tuition on exfoliation/peel and masks.

the tutor made sure I had plenty of hands on. I did 3 facials.

She then demonstrated 3 add-on masks, one was warm oatmeal in gauze, 1 was an aromaplast which pulls off, and the last was a collagen mask which you just drape on the face.

We also discussed marketing and different skinranges. At no time did she pressurise me into buying anything.

Have 2 reps coming to see me next week but until then I will continue with the range that I am using now.

Am going back in a few weeks to do a 1 day manicure and paraffin wax course.

Hello hIpPy ChIcK,

Had a look at your website - you do some really nice sounding treatments :). I see you're now doing the chocolate wrap. Which brand did you decide to go for in the end?

Sarah,
I still havent decided tbh.

I have some fab samples from vani-t which I have been gagging to use since December and can I get anyone to volunteer?

I did initially decide to do the chocobeauty, which was advertised on my site. Last week I took it off and replaced it with a more generic description so that if I did get an enquiry/booking to do one, I would then get myself some products.

Also, Germaine de cappacini do a choc wrap and also lovely facials, so havent ruled out training with them.

Latest posts

Back