Geek help needed ASAP, Calgel & Shellac advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrslargelashes

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have a last minute appointment from a new client this afternoon at 3pm. She usually travels quite a distance to get her nails maintained, she has asked me to help her out to save her waiting 2 weeks until her next appointment.

Currently her nails are overlaid with coloured Calgel, one of her overlaid nails is missing the gel (lifted due to her job). I am planning on overlaying the missing nail with clear Brisalite sculpting gel then Shellacing them all in Lilac Longing.

My question is would I buff the Calgel overlaid nails, than proceed with Shellac base coat? The calgel looks very shiny and smooth so I didn't think Shellac would stay put without a gentle buff before hand??

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated xx

I think Calgel is like Bio Sculpture ( I use Bio Sculpture) - I would buff the shine and reduce the thickness of the other nails like you would doing an infill then proceed with the Shellac colour without the base coat. hth.

Forgot to say, obv you should tell her that you cannot guarantee no service breakdown as you are mixing brands, but it is highly unlikely to cause any problems, but just tell her that its at her own risk just to cover yourself :lol:

Thanks Rainbow Bright, I'm not actually infilling her nails, just sorting the broken one and Shellac'ing them all so they are the same colour. Should I still buff the shine from the Calgel gently?xx

yes buff the shine and then shellac minus base coat x

Thanks ladies x

Latest posts

Back