Gel after a pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jee-nails

Reaction score
Hello,
I was just wondering is it ok to apply gel on the toe nails after a pedicure, or would the nails absorb too much water and affect the gel?
Thanks

It would be much better to do the Gel Toes and THEN the pedicure, because as you say otherwise the nails will have absorbed water, and this may affect how well the Gel adheres to the nail xx

It would be much better to do the Gel Toes and THEN the pedicure, because as you say otherwise the nails will have absorbed water, and this may affect how well the Gel adheres to the nail xx

So would you soak the feet, do the cuticle work, then apply the gel and then continue with the pedicure?

Do you normally soak the feet before you apply Gel Toes?

Personally I wouldn't, I would apply the Gel Toes as I normally do, then follow with your usual pedicure omitting the cuticle work and nail shaping as obviously this would have already been done.

Nope dont soak the feet prior to a pedicure, saitise the feet as you would normally, then do the gel toes and then the pedicure.

You could advertise it as Spa enhancements or Spa nails! etc etc xx

Hello,
I was just wondering is it ok to apply gel on the toe nails after a pedicure, or would the nails absorb too much water and affect the gel?
Thanks
The purpose of a mani/pedi is to treat and moisturize the hands or feet. As with manis, pedicures involve the use of luxurious lotions and massage and of course prior soaking of the feet.

When applying gel, you need to create a dehydrated surface to work on so that the product adheres. The above pampering will do the opposite and cause lifting.

So do cuticle work and buffing first after sanitizing the feet and checking for any contraindications. After prepping then apply your gel. You can treat your client to a pampering foot massage afterwards with luxurious creams and cuticle oil. HTH xx

The purpose of a mani/pedi is to treat and moisturize the hands or feet. As with manis, pedicures involve the use of luxurious lotions and massage and of course prior soaking of the feet.

When applying gel, you need to create a dehydrated surface to work on so that the product adheres. The above pampering will do the opposite and cause lifting.

So do cuticle work and buffing first after sanitizing the feet and checking for any contraindications. After prepping then apply your gel. You can treat your client to a pampering foot massage afterwards with luxurious creams and cuticle oil. HTH xx

Thats great advice, thank you.
I have gel toes on my service menu, and also pedicures. I was thinking that Icould do a pedicure and then add on the gel toes as an extra but I realise that they both dont really go together. I might have the gel toes, and also gel toes with added pampering foot massage with the luxurious creams as an added extra maybe.
Thanks everybody for the help.

Latest posts

Back