Gel brands that have little lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennymarie82

Reaction score
I have recently used cnd shellac on a client and one nail peeled the same day. I use all cnd products and lamp and am currently enrolled in nail tech school.I have 3 months till graduation.
I would like to know different gel systems that have good reviews, Thankyou ahead of time :)

Attachments

• IMG_3847.jpg
    IMG_3847.jpg
    94.4 KB
Last edited:
CND shellac does have great reviews, I use it in my salon, for one nail to peel the same day it's either application IE prep or finger placement in the lamp or the clients aftercare - although I'd not class shellac as a true gel polish it's a hybrid, I'm seeing your in US - Gel II (la Palm) has been receiving great reviews over here (UK) I've purchased some myself to try and like that it's bigger bottles, a gel & doesn't require a base coat, clients have got longer wear from this than shellac's 14 days, Artistic Color Gloss & OPI Gel Color are all great ones - it maybe a case of trying a few different brands and seeing which you prefer to work with X

I have recently used cnd shellac on a client and one nail peeled the same day. I use all cnd products and lamp and am currently enrolled in nail tech school.I have 3 months till graduation.
I would like to know different gel systems that have good reviews, Thankyou ahead of time :)

That's just one client. It could be something she did, it's not necessarily something you did or didn't do or the product.
You haven't graduated yet as you said. Give it a chance.
There's not much point in throwing money down the drain changing brands etc.
Just give it time & really work hard on your prep and you should be fine.

We can't control what clients do wen they leave the salon, that's up to them.
x

Shellac , like other gel polishes on the market, is for clients with healthy nails who want a longer lasting coating than regular nail polish.

It is not suitable for everyone and if your client has challenging nails that are weak or peeling it is going to be less likely to last on her. For only one nail to peel off i suspect its not your prep but client interference, she may have done something that cause an edge to lift and then peeled it off (which is super tempting for anyone). Clients will often tell you that it peeled off in one sheet, but they don't realize they are causing damage by helping if off the nail, generally its just a corner than lifts and if a client was to come back and get it repaired correctly there would be no damage but they rarely do, they will just peel it off (and i am guilty of doing it myself because its so annoying when an edge catches on hair etc).

However yo can't be blamed for client interference. A good trick to see if the shellac did peel off without any interference to to scrub fresh the nail, if it does not go chalky then it did peel off as there is no surface damage, but more than likely you can see where parts of the nail were removed form the shellac being peeled off, you can even sometimes tell which way they've pulled it due to fissure marks on the nail :)

Thankyou sooo much everyone for the replys and the helpful advice :)
I have learned all nails have a different chemistry to them ,and as everything else something that works on one doesn't on another. Trial and error ;) I have been a dedicated Cnd shellac user for several months now and absolutely love it :)

It seems to me the white might be too thick - which would cause it to lift as it has.

I personally use opi gel colours and can't fault them, never had a customer who's experienced lifting and as long as you're capping your edges and applying correctly you should be fine :)

Latest posts

Back