Gel builder finishing layer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topsues

Reaction score
Morning all, Please don't shoot me down, I am not an experienced nail technician I recently became disabled, unable to get out & decided to buy as many Nail products so I could initially try to do mine & daughters nails. I have a lot to learn. First question ( first of many). Shellac... Would putting a thin layer of builder clear gel over the colour, before the top coat help to make the product last longer on nails?.... I would appreciate any help and advice & thank you in advance for taking the time to read my thread

For obvious reasons we don't give advice to non professionals as you can understand it is our living and we don't want people doing their own nails :biggrin:Also as you have probably found out already, its not as easy as it looks and can also cause problems like contact dermatitis,eczema and bacterial infection if certain procedures are not followed.

Most of the gels etc are only supplied by reputable companies to registered professionals so depending on your source you may not even be getting the real thing there are fakes of everything nowadays.

There are many nail techs that are mobile have you thought about that.

Builder gel is used for something completely different to the purpose you describe.

Products cost that much money that it could be a waste of good money if you use good products in an incorrect way because it will result in you not getting a good (or maybe even safe) result from them.

I would definitely recommend doing a nail course of some kind even if you just want to know more for the purposes of a hobby or home use. I have known of people do a nail course purely to be able to do the treatment at home on themselves (there was a trainee lawyer on my nvq3 nails course for this reason :) ) so I would recommend this if you are interested to know more :)

Wow!!!! Firstly, thank you very much laurakate for your friendly, useful advise which I appreciate, it took me 3yrs to train and get my NVQ level 3 in sewing plus all the qualifications to operate my own business, With your advise Laurakate, when I'm better in myself and IF i want to peruse a professional business in nails, your advice was really helpful, and one I would certainly look at
But Gemma W, what was your advice all about, it felt like you was attacking me & telling me to back off out of your profession. I registered as a consumer, salon geek accepted me as a consumer, and I believe I posted a question in the consumer forum, not the professional one. I said i was new, I said I was recently disabled and was looking at nails as a hobby! I don't have a database of all your clients, for me to poach and offer a cheaper & inferior service.
Gemma w you have put me right off salon geek to seek friendly advice, as I say to my children, If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all. Laurakate you sound like a nice lady, and hope you continue to offer your friendly advice to others. I feel sad my experience with Salon Geek was so short

Latest posts

Back