Gel course CND or Biosculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly19

Reaction score
Hi geeks looking for some help please......

I'm planning on doing a biosculpture course in the next couple of months mainly because I love the product. I think its really hard wearing & lasts well.

After reading up I've notice comments with people prefering Brisa gel is this the CND alternative? I've never used this product myself and by that I mean had a set of nails done (brisa) :)

With french I love, love pink with white tips and the perfect shine. Almost glass like. As silly as it sounds this would sway me, I like the kind of glass look (if theres is such a thing!!)

I only have experience in acrylics I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or suggestions wether it regarding products/training wearability?!

Very, very difficult decision to make just when I thought I was sorted and ready to book!! argh!!

Thank you in advance geeks X

This is a difficult comparison to make as they are very different products.

Biosculpture is a soak off gel so quite flexible and used highly for natural nail overlays. Not sure of its longevity as an extension.

Brisa is a buff off gel so is more suited to extensions as well as overlays.

I use both systems and as Fiona has already said, it's hard to compare them both as they are so different.

If it were me, I would do the CND course first... that way you can have Brisa gel in your Salon as well as Shellac (also from CND), which is a soak off power polish.

This way, you will have the best of both worlds.

Later, if you feel you still need a soak off gel, you could do the Bio course too.

Brisa gel is so beautiful and thin, it doesn't discolour and is great on a natural nail and over tips or to sculpt with.

Not everyone will be suited to Bio Sculpture, as it's a soak off soft gel, but as I said, if you do the CND course, you'll have Brisa gel for your clients that want a hard gel and Shellac for the clients that like soak off!!

Last edited:
Aww fab that's really great advice thank you both!!

I'm mobile when I said I just deal with acrylic I should have said I also offer minx and shellac (excited about new colours!!)

I will sp to the girls CND and then maybe try the nails out myself.

Thanks again Xx

I'm sure you could do a Brisa Gel conversion course... this is what I did and it wasn't expensive at all compared to what I paid for the Bio course.

You should just give them a ring and enquire about it.

I'm sure you could do a Brisa Gel conversion course... this is what I did and it wasn't expensive at all compared to what I paid for the Bio course.

You should just give them a ring and enquire about it.

Thanks so much karen. I really appreciate your help :)

just one thing.... Sorry!!! I've heard to purchase biosculpture products I need to have done the course. Maybe I'm being naive but ideally Id like to just do one gel course. Considering I already have an account with CND is it beneficial to just go with biosculpture or are the products totally different and require training for both? The last thing I want to do is cut corners but seems a waste to do two gel courses? Again, maybes I'm being naive!!

Thanks again Xx

Thanks so much karen. I really appreciate your help :)

just one thing.... Sorry!!! I've heard to purchase biosculpture products I need to have done the course. Maybe I'm being naive but ideally Id like to just do one gel course. Considering I already have an account with CND is it beneficial to just go with biosculpture or are the products totally different and require training for both? The last thing I want to do is cut corners but seems a waste to do two gel courses? Again, maybes I'm being naive!!

Thanks again Xx

I know what you mean... I felt the same, as I had done a few gel courses before the Bio one and if I'm totally honest I didn't learn anything I didn't already know already, but unfortunately you will still have to do it in order to get their gel.

Now I know things have changed a good bit since I did the training and they have some new products etc ... I know any training is always beneficial but I did think the training with CND was much better .. that's just my own personal opinion though.

I phoned CND at lunch & going to take your advice, thank you sooo much! Huge saving also (although not actually about that just don't want to make the wrong move)

Thanks again!! :lol:

That's great, I'm so glad you happy with your decision.

You'll have to keep us posted on how you get on :hug:

As someone who had Bio overlays for 3 months and religiously maintained them every two weeks I have to say I was not impressed with it's performance. Bio isn't a hard gel and on my hands chipped quite easily. I didn't like the look of the infill either. What I did like about Bio was....

Colour choice - I like pink and white french
Shine - it's very shiny and maintains it's shine
Accessibility - I was drawn to Bio because it was the only brand that advertised it's product and also gave referrals to salon's that used it.

Everything else about Bio was very average. What I hated about Bio was...

Expense - it's very expensive compared to other gels and there doesn't appear to be a good reason for the extra cost. People rave about how natural it is, but it's no more natural than any other gel or acrylic nail product.
Infills - it doesn't infill well and I ended up preferring a full soak off and reapplication over infills.
Soft - it is soft and feels almost rubbery on the nails. It chips easily and I had problems with large portions of the overlay shearing right off taking my natural nail with it.
Minimal nail protection - it didn't prevent my nails from splitting and breaking as much as I expected. I do have weak nails and didn't find Bio to be especially great at protecting them.

Overall I would rate Bio as average. In the time I wore it I didn't become a raving fan and wasn't all that impressed with it. Other than the advantage to the salon of having a recognisable brand name, there isn't any great advantage of this product over another comparable product. If a nail tech had recommended to me another gel brand that had better performance I would have happily switched without blinking an eye.

Where Bio falls down these days is the relative expense of their soak off gel overlay compared to the newer Shellac\Gelish\Gelac services. They are not exactly the same I know, but are similar enough that the consumer really has to wonder what the enormous advantage of Bio is that warrants double the cost of the other services.

Last edited:
Bio Sculpture IS a brilliant product and I use it with great success.

Of course, like any nail system, it's not for everyone and doesn't suit all nail types.

I use Bio on most clients and they absolutely love it, but I would use Brisa gel on clients that need that extra strength.

I do agree with you about the refills though and I would rather soak it all off rather than file it down, as it doesn't file well as it's so soft.

Hope you enjoy your training.
I am not a full-time nail tech but I have trained in both Bio and CND Brisa. They're two very different systems but my favourite by a long shot is Bio Sculpture.

Brisa is cheaper, but the quality, finish and soak-off element of Bio Sculpture is brilliant. This will vary from region to region but the Bio training was also far more superior, with more support materials and the option of doing free workshops etc.

Good luck,
X

Latest posts

Back