Gel gel polish remover-does such a thing exist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueC

Reaction score
Hi all,

A relatively new client of mine is adamant that her previous tech used a clear gel (similar consistency to hand sanitizer gel) to remove her gel polish. She said it was wiped on to the nails with cotton wool, left for 2 or 3 minutes before being wiped off, removing the gel polish at the same. She told me all this whilst being quite surprised and bemused that I was using foils to remove the gel polish I had applied!

I quizzed her as nicely as possible as I thought she was getting mixed up with something else (although I don't know what!) but she said she did put her hand under a uv lamp when the polish was applied and she didn't have it soaked off or foils applied to remove it.

Any ideas anyone? Does such a product exist? I'll be honest and say that I doubt it as any research I've done brings up nothing and the gel polish training I did with NSI in January didn't refer to it, but your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I've never heard of it. Quite frankly if we could remove gel in 2-3 mins without the hassle of wrapping and waiting wouldn't we all be doing it ?! X

Hi all,

A relatively new client of mine is adamant that her previous tech used a clear gel (similar consistency to hand sanitizer gel) to remove her gel polish. She said it was wiped on to the nails with cotton wool, left for 2 or 3 minutes before being wiped off, removing the gel polish at the same. She told me all this whilst being quite surprised and bemused that I was using foils to remove the gel polish I had applied!

I quizzed her as nicely as possible as I thought she was getting mixed up with something else (although I don't know what!) but she said she did put her hand under a uv lamp when the polish was applied and she didn't have it soaked off or foils applied to remove it.

Any ideas anyone? Does such a product exist? I'll be honest and say that I doubt it as any research I've done brings up nothing and the gel polish training I did with NSI in January didn't refer to it, but your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I think your client have been fooled by the nail tech, I got a client who's new in my saloon and when I removed the nail polish of her toe she was shocked to see I no need to wrap the whole thing, she said she done gel on her feet but I know it's just normal nail lacquer. She insist that her toes was gel, she saw her nails was cured in the LED lamp. So I tell her that either she's been fooled or mixed up (she had gel on her hand).

Is she getting mixed up with cuticle away? This is the only "gel" I can think that might be used during a service? ♥♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I saw something when I searched about removal. Somebody mentioned "rain nail" a gel remover for gel polish. Could be that?! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396797462.285881.jpg

I've never heard of it. Quite frankly if we could remove gel in 2-3 mins without the hassle of wrapping and waiting wouldn't we all be doing it ?! X

Ha, yes my thoughts exactly! ;)

Thanks for all your replies and for the link to Rain Nail, although I don't think it's that as their website said removal is 20 mins.

I'll just keep smiling sweetly if she mentions it again! :lol:

Latest posts

Back