Gel glitter fade

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muppe

Reaction score
Hey!
Im new here and I didnt seem to find any threads on glitter nails made with gel. if there is feel free to erase this thread.:green: Is it possible to make two color glitter fade with gel? and how is it done?

I have done this before - after you have cured the gel (dont wipe off the sticky residue) pat the first colour around the smile line making sure there are no gaps and as you bring the down that colour towards the edge of the nail make it patchy and then do the reverse with the second colour - fill in the patches and fully cover the end of the nail. Then get a very soft brush and lightly brush over the glitter to get rid of the excess - dont worry you wont wipe it off then cap in clear.

:green:Thank you so much!
Guess I need to start ordering some juicy coloured glitters now, Im so excited :D Cant wait to try this out!
For kiwigirl: Did you mean that you just dab the glitter on to the sticky surface without mixing it with a clear gel?

Here is a link to videotutorials with gel, there is a glitterfade with one color and i believe the stilletto one is a two toned glitter. I learned a lot from these tutorials!

Tutorials

:green:Thank you so much!
Guess I need to start ordering some juicy coloured glitters now, Im so excited :D Cant wait to try this out!
For kiwigirl: Did you mean that you just dab the glitter on to the sticky surface without mixing it with a clear gel?

Yes. I normally paint in my tip with a coloured gel then put the glitter on top. I do acrylic reverse application as well.

Latest posts

Back