Gel +glitter ratio

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what the ratio is for mixing gel and glitter . thanx

Hi... I never mix my gel with my glitter...I apply a thin layer if gel and then dab the glitter on with a spare brush...cure and then seal with another thin layer of clear gel.

can anyone tell me what the ratio is for mixing gel and glitter . thanx

question is...what exactly you would like to do with this?

i would like to do glitter tips or a full glitter nail be it fingers or toes.... bagpuss i once read how you did your nails, do you wipe the dispersion layer off before you swipe your smile line with gel to sprinkle your glitter on?

This is what i do....

bonder layer of gel

cure

1 layer of gel

don't cure

dab glitter where i want it with spare brush

cure

seal over the glitter only with a thin layer of clear gel (this prevents you getting glitter in areas you don't want)

cure

builder layer of gel

cure

wipe sticky layer off

buff to final shape (you can do this without the worry you will file off the glitter becouse its set under your builder layer)

wipe/clean

top gloss

cure

wipe

DONE !! (in the words of Gordon Ramsey...:lol:)

i would like to do glitter tips or a full glitter nail be it fingers or toes.... bagpuss i once read how you did your nails, do you wipe the dispersion layer off before you swipe your smile line with gel to sprinkle your glitter on?

hi
If you woud like have something like french finish but glitter french finish you must always mixing gel and some glitter in seperate box ( you must try, how many glitter ) then doing french ( smile line) exacly like white gel and put to the lamp. After view min. you can put next gel. If you not doing like that , you will have glitter evrywhere all nails.

i hope i help you :) sorry for my english, i'm polish, so sometimes i have a problem explain something :)

Thank you baguss just one question

This is what i do....

bonder layer of gel

cure

1 layer of gel

don't cure

dab glitter where i want it with spare brush (if i was going to just do the tip, would i cure the first layer then paint a thin layer of gel just on the tip, sprinkle on glitter and then cure?)
cure

seal over the glitter only with a thin layer of clear gel (this prevents you getting glitter in areas you don't want)

cure

builder layer of gel

cure

wipe sticky layer off

buff to final shape (you can do this without the worry you will file off the glitter becouse its set under your builder layer)

wipe/clean

top gloss

cure

wipe

DONE !! (in the words of Gordon Ramsey...:lol:)

how i do :
primer no accetone ( wait 2mins. )
base gel
PUT TO THE LAMP
white gel ( or colour gel or glitter)
PUT TO THE LAMP
clear gel ( i build nails)
PUT TO THE LAMP
wipe/clean
shape
gloss
PUT TO THE LAMP

DONE :)

in response to bronzewolfe, you can do...i always apply my glitter to uncured gel.....i don't sprinkle gel on cos you cant get it consistant...so...thin layer of gel...NO CURE...then dab with a brush your glitter on the tip area only...tidy smile with another brush if you need to, CURE...then seal the glitter area only with clear gel...CURE...then build and so on. x

ok thank you both very much ladies :hug:

hi I read a thread somewhere and i really like the idea how to do glitter with gel. So first thin layer of gel and cure, then put dotting tool in gel and then in glitter and apply on nail, cure, then contiue with builder etc...
Before i use to dip the nails in the glitter but i like this method better:lol:

zringa

hi I read a thread somewhere and i really like the idea how to do glitter with gel. So first thin layer of gel and cure, then put dotting tool in gel and then in glitter and apply on nail, cure, then contiue with builder etc...
Before i use to dip the nails in the glitter but i like this method better:lol:

zringa
thats exactly how i do mine :)
i dont mix glitter and gel together as i feel that i end up wasting product.i dip my dotting tool into the gel and then dip it sraight into the glitter and apply to the nail.i find this way so much easier as i can apply it exactly where i want it and i dont end up with glitter everywhere,lol.xx

Latest posts

Back