Gel glitter top coat - any tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

Reaction score
I like to offer a large variety of glitter/pearl finishes to my clients nails, I prefer to do this with a top coat of the desired effect rather than using the builder layers with glitter through them as I think the top coat looks better over the whole nail and is easily changed at rebalance. This is quite easy to do with L+p as its quick to brush over a very thin coat of glitter mixed with clear powder before the gel top coat goes on. With gel I'm finding its a bit more involved as after I have finished refining the nail with my file, I have been adding a coat of clear gel with the desired glitter mixed in which is then cured - this results in a bumpy finish which then requires a gel top coat over it to smooth is out and shine it up a bit. I am sure I'm missing a trick here???
Is there a way to 'finish' the nail with a glitter top coat which doesnt leave a bumpy finish and therefore doesnt require a further top coat??

:)

Latest posts

Back