Seeking recommendations for gel top coats that give the best mirror finish on powders!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheaky

Reaction score
Title says it! I was using Madam Glam for a couple years, sandwiching the powder between coats of the MG top coat. Powders apply *almost* flawlessly on top, but I don't get a super duper mirror finish on chromes. Is there anything new on the market for gel toppers that really give that bangin mirror finish? What are you guys using nowadays?

Title says it! I was using Madam Glam for a couple years, sandwiching the powder between coats of the MG top coat. Powders apply *almost* flawlessly on top, but I don't get a super duper mirror finish on chromes. Is there anything new on the market for gel toppers that really give that bangin mirror finish? What are you guys using nowadays?

Ideally you want to stick with MG Topcoat so you're sticking to one complete system.

Play around with your curing times. If I cure for a full minute, my chrome is pretty dull and some patches don't take the pigment at all.

This video is helpful

Hi Cheaky, the most important question here is, are you a licensed professional?
Most of the products that may be recommended are professional use only.

Latest posts

Back