Gel II not lasting on me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty&polished

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422213666.504194.jpg
Ok so excuse this hand as its my left and I find it difficult to do. So I offer shellac to my clients which they love but it does not last on me. I thought I'd invest in some gel II as heard and seen the great results but applied this on thurs eve and there are already chips. I apply solar oil regularly and wear gloves but would probably say I'm can be quite heavy handed done times. This isn't whats expected after 3 days is it?

If anyone has any advice for me please? I'm loosing the will and its getting to the point of me having bear, boring nails everyone a client comes for their appts!!

X

No simple solutions. Was this your first application? Could it have been too thin or too thick? Did you cap with colour and top coat? I'm about to take a follow up pic of my nails after just over 2 weeks. One small chip on one nail. I don't wear gloves to do manis and so they have been exposed to some acetone but still look great. This is my third set. Each time it has lasted amazingly. Also try 2 top coats. Are you using the no cleanse, as I know the extreme shine is meant to be tougher.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is my second try on myself. Capped with colour and top coat but maybe too quick. Using extreme top coat and will try two top coats. Very frustrated though! Thanks for your reply x

How are you curing?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

What are you using to dehydrate the nail prior to polish? Don't use scrubfresh it has too much acetone and will affect the Gel II - use Dsperse or even better the cleanser Gel II sell as part of the system.

Curing for 2 mins in the CND lamp. I'm using disperse to scrub with too. It's so frustrating as I know my clients will love it but its just not happening for me!! X

I always double top coat on myself and then it lasts really well, shellac doesn't last well on me at all x

What are you using to dehydrate the nail prior to polish? Don't use scrubfresh it has too much acetone and will affect the Gel II - use Dsperse or even better the cleanser Gel II sell as part of the system.

So is this right for all those using Gel II that we swipe with d-sperse before application and not scrubfresh?

Scrubfresh contains Acetone which can cause Gel II to shrink and also cause service breakdown. For best results it's advised to use the Gel II Super Shine Cleanser or the Mundo nail cleanser, ensuring you really scrub the nail getting into the lateral folds and then under the free edge. The nail needs to be completely dry before you start to polish. You can go slightly thicker with each coat than you would with Shellac but obviously not too thick.

Steph xx

What's your prep like? X

Latest posts

Back