Gel infills help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

student1518

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone does for gel infills on the natural nail when you just do the basic base coat, colour coats and top coats without any builder gel. I've heard of people filing the gel and was wondering if you file until the colour has gone or do you soak off the gel and apply fresh.
Thank you

From what you are describing it’s on gel polish or just color gel application on natural nails? As long as you are not using any form of builder or enhancement product underneath the color and it can be soaked off you should be removing it completely with the remover for your system and reapplying it fresh. There are some brands of hard gel color gels that needs to be filed off and reapplied, but as long as a system is soak off you should soak it off always. I don’t know what brand you are using, but that’s the industry standard so you avoid filing on the natural nails to much.

Hope this helps [emoji4]

I would just soak iff and reapply

If it’s just gel polish you should be removing and reapplying not infilling it

You do not “infill” gel colors you only fill extension growth.
Everything else is same like nail polish, remove completely and then apply new. If you refilled in the grown out parts it would look not nice and clean how gel manicure should look.
How to remove the gel is depend on which brand you use and if is extension under the color with if should soak or file.

I think you need to clarify what product you are using:-

Gel - used for extensions and enhancements, usually clear/pink (builder gels) but some are available in colours too
Gel Polish - not used for extensions, more along the lines of heavy duty nail polish

New techs often refer to 'gel nails' but should be saying Gel Polish - they are two completely different things and are applied and maintained differently

Latest posts

Back