Gel nail beginner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovelashes

Reaction score
As title says I've done my course and doing my case studies before exam. It's a file off gel. Already I've damaged one of my own nails through incorrectly filing it off and I'm a bit wary of doing this to others.

When do you know when to switch to softer file/buffer?

I'm wondering if my training has been sufficient. It was basically only 1 day practical x

Hi, in response to the op i only use one file to buff off gel i dont change files but i never buff down to the nail plate as this is what causes the damage, providing your not getting any lifting you can leave a thin layer of gel and just infill over it, this is what i was taught anyway, athough some of the more experienced geeks may have a better suggestion which ill look out for aswell lol , xx

Because buff-off gel doesn't take much elbow grease to file off, you have to really use your eyes to figure how close you are to the natural nail. If there's no lifting, and you're going to put on a new set, you can leave a thin layer on and go over it, but if you just want to go natural again, you can use a buffer and get as close to the natural nail as possible without buffing too much of your own nails. It's ok if there's little bits still there as those will just fall off anyway.

Thanks very much to you both for taking the time to post, much appreciated x

Latest posts

Back