Gel nail extensions - doing my head in!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonnibabes

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

Trained with bellissima in October for Gel extensions and to be honest I am finding im punting my customers over to my colleague who does acrylics cos they are so much hassle!

My trouble is they don't seem to last much more than a week and even though I am using tips that don't need blended I cant seem to get the nail to look smooth. If I use more layers of gel I feel they look too bulky. Done my mums the other day and used a bit glue help it look blended, I know I know bad von!!

Im not liking them at all and its knocking my confidence, help appreciated!

Also do you think if I perhaps got a stronger glue it would make a difference?

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I use the edge glue and never had a problem with it!

Which gel system are you using? I use cuccio which self levels... Never bumpy!

Are you following the prep rules? If not this could be causing your extensions to not last long...

Keep practicing girl, it takes time!!!!!!!

Thanks for replying! Its Bellissima Gel, I do all the prep correctly and have re-read the manual, online training videos and im doing everything right (I think!)

They encourage you to put on a layer of gel then glue the tip to that, this is where im a bit confused, Should I put a layer of clear over the the whole nail plus tip before I start with colour? When I done this it looked better lump wise but looked very thick and I personally think it looks a bit ugh! And when I stick the tip on do I stick it to buffed gel or shiny gel, do u get what I mean?

They fact I dread extensions hasn't been helped in the fact I dropped my box of tips, aaghh all tips are in wrong compartment! xxxxxx

Hi, why don't you try throughly prepping the nail, then gluing on the tip. Buff the tip and then apply the first layer of gel. Haven't used this system so can't comment on why they first recommend you apply gel before tipping, xx

Apparently its so there is no damage at all to the nail plate i.e if one pings off it rips off the gel rather than the glue taking off a bit of ur nail.

Im gonna do a set tomorrow on a mate and be MEGA obsessive about buffing full nail, using nail wipe etc. I hate to say it but it may be that I am getting bit confused and dust particles is maybe left behind?

The resin that I got with kit is very runny, as I haven't had experience with nail glues before I don't know if a thicker glue would be better? Would it even make a difference?

Thanks for replying also! xxxxxxxx

Hmmm.. Like Shirley... I havent used the product so cant comment on the whole gel before tip thing.

Not heard of this before though tbh - might be worth starting another thread 'Anyone heard of gel before the tip' see if any of the other geeks know?!

I know how frustrating it is when things dont go right so i really feel for you.. PM me at any time if you need any help!

I started off by training in acrylic l&p but i hated it, just could not get on with it - changed to gel and love it!!
x

I believe it is a soak off system like Calgel or bio.Am I right?

I did a road show, with this brand last year, and they also showed us gel before tip, it was explained that you can then file without any possiable nail damage, as you file gel not nail.

I have not gone on to use the product, so can't help with process sorry.

Abba

Sent from my GT-P6800 using SalonGeek

I did a road show, with this brand last year, and they also showed us gel before tip, it was explained that you can then file without any possiable nail damage, as you file gel not nail.

I have not gone on to use the product, so can't help with process sorry.

Abba

Sent from my GT-P6800 using SalonGeek

Calgel teach this method too.Bellisima was developed with Garey Hall who used to work with Calgel but sadly died.
If it is a soak off you are using then if you do a search for bio and Calgel with tips you will see what you need to do for success but they will never be as strong as hard gel and l and p.
I personally never use the gel underneath with tips I was taught how to blend without touching the natural nail and also if you use good tips you won't hardly need to blend.

Ideally you could contact them for help.Im sure they would be more than happy to help.

Latest posts

Back