Gel nail fill ins?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becs c1989

Reaction score
Hi all have just joined this site,find it so helpful already!anyway so iv been doing gel nails with a couple of months now and while I am happy enough with how a full set turns out,I am finding refills so hard to master, I start off with zone 1 then 2 and 3 but sometimes once iv filed off the colour thinned out the gel I will get lifting even if thee was none to start with my mind is totally fried and feel like giving up,any advice?thanks

Hi I see your post yesterday but didn't feel experienced enough to answer , as I have the same problem , but as no one has answered I will inform you of what I think may help
Use a 180 grit file , nothing coarser
And file Just before the lift , so the filing doesn't cause more lifting because if you file on top of the lift it self , the friction causes more lifting if that makes sense x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds to me like you are filling too hard, or too much... If you are creating lifting.

Personally I only infill if they have a full perfect set with just regrowth.

What gel are you using? And is it a hard gel or soak off?

Xx

Thanks so much for the replies :) yup I use a 180 grit and file before the lift suppose it's all practice practice :) I use mosaic hard gel which I find brill but like you said maybe filing too much can't put it down to anything else I'll get there eventually have a friend for in fills Monday so will let ye know how u get on :) thanks girls xx

Sent from my D2203 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes maybe you just dont need to take it down as much... Practice makes perfect xx

Latest posts

Back