Gel & Nail Polish Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SthrnComfort

Reaction score
I did a rebalance today on a friend with Brisa Gel.
She just phoned me with a query.
She was taking nail polish off her daughters nails using NON acetone remover.....and it affected her own (gel) nails.! She says the surface feels funny now.
She describes it as being like putting on nail polish and accidently touching it with your finger and it drying and you get the funny 'ripply' feeling.

Can anyone please tell me what would have done this as I always thought you could put on polish and remove with no effects.

She definately used NON ACETONE as I even asked her to check the bottle. It is Cutex brand if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Neither acetone or non-acetone remover should have affected her nails as Brisa is a hard gel and can't be soaked off.

hmm, I've not personally come across this before, hope someone else can shed some light on it for you.

me neither...either she hasn't fully removed the polish or the ripples ???? where there to begin with.

non soak off gels like Brisa are not fazed by acetone or non acetone at all...xx

It could possibly happen if maybe it wasn't cured long enough?

It could possibly happen if maybe it wasn't cured long enough?

I used Brisa gel and the Brisa Lamp so im sure it was cured for the right amount of time...

and:either she hasn't fully removed the polish or the ripples ........she didnt apply polish to her own nails as i explained in my first post that she was removing polish from her daughters nails and this is what happened.

I used Brisa gel and the Brisa Lamp so im sure it was cured for the right amount of time...

and:either she hasn't fully removed the polish or the ripples ........she didnt apply polish to her own nails as i explained in my first post that she was removing polish from her daughters nails and this is what happened.

sorry i must have skimmed it instead of reading it properly. best bet is to call her in to see them for yourself. x

The only thing I can think of is if the gel on her nails wasn't completely cured; are your bulbs ok?

I would change your bulbs even if they are fairly new just to see if that helps can't hurt to try. Also check there is no hardened gel stuck to the bulbs as people sometimes touch the bulbs by accident and this can affect the curing L x

I would change your bulbs even if they are fairly new just to see if that helps can't hurt to try. Also check there is no hardened gel stuck to the bulbs as people sometimes touch the bulbs by accident and this can affect the curing L x

my bulbs are fairly new and im not having any other problems with gel - so yes, would hurt to try as its over $100 for me to get new ones!
also no hardened gel on bulbs as i check them every time i have a client...

so im still at a loss. i'll check them out on thursday when she comes into town.

thanks for the ideas though.

It's possible that she got some of the polish onto her own nails while removing it.

It's possible that she got some of the polish onto her own nails while removing it.

we thought that so she tried removing it, but the 'ripple' is still there.

Latest posts

Back