Gel nails cracking??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailedGlos

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did a set of gel nails for a client & she went swimming a couple of days later & every single nail cracked. They looked like crackle glaze!

I've never seen this before! I've been doing gels for over 10 years now & wear them myself & used to swim regularly.

Has anyone got any idea what could have caused this?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Hi all,

I did a set of gel nails for a client & she went swimming a couple of days later & every single nail cracked. They looked like crackle glaze!

I've never seen this before! I've been doing gels for over 10 years now & wear them myself & used to swim regularly.

Has anyone got any idea what could have caused this?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Very weird! Were you using your normal hard gel or a soak off gel or a gel oloured coat?

The fact that the client went swimming, I doubt has anything to do with her nails shattering! If it happened a couple of days later after the swimming, what else had she been doing? I think that information would be more relevant. ??

Last edited:
Hi, if she was wearing a soak off gel and you'd put a hard gel gloss on top (like glaze and go) that would cause the cracking (shattered glass appearance).

I agree it sounds more like a product problem rather than the swimming being the cause. X

the products we use we apply the gel top coat ontop of the polish and art to keep it all sealed and we did find once we had bought a super shine brush on top coat and applied this ontop of polish and art to give it an extra shine but we figured that when a couple of ladies we had used it on came back with little hairline fractures through the top coat that it is no good to use ontop of polishes and art so we didnt do that again. it wasnt that the nails them selves had cracked just through the top coat, im not overly sure if yours was the same thing or not. i agree that the swimming probably had nothing to do with it.

Latest posts

Back