Gel Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkgirlie

Reaction score
I trained in Gel Nail extensions 3 years ago and have probably only done 7 to 10 sets since! The reason for this is I continued to train to gain my full NVQ2 and 3 and focused on this. I regret that I didn't do more. From the grape vine I worked out that the tutor that taught us did a day training course in the Aug before starting to teach gel in the Jan. She is a very good tutor and has taught me a lot, but I don't think she taught me enough about gel due to her lack of experience in the gel area. So I am wanting to ask how others apply gel, as I want to get this perfect now. I was taught using Salon System Profile Gel. We were told to apply a very thin layer over the nail plate and tip before then drizzling like sausages at the apex to then in circular movements work it down to the base of the nail plate, then bringing up in strings to the free edge. Cure then repeat from drizzle like sausages etc etc then capping at free edge... cure. 2 layers on the fingers and 3 on the thumb.

Having also seen the IBD dvd they just seem to drizzle the gel and thats it!

So I am curious to watch other professionals are doing. And is CND the best gel? Do I need more training, even though the course I did was about 13 weeks long!

I really appreciate help on this x

Hi

Every Gel system has a unique technique of application. It would be advisable to do a conversion course for the brand of gel you wish to use. I trained in Gels many moons ago, to compare that with how i apply gels now it is completely different. I love NSI but from what I gather CND is a fabulous gel too.

Best of Luck with what you decide x

Latest posts

Back