Gel only techs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanyaburks

Reaction score
Is there any techs that do not offer acrylic and do hard gels only?

Hi, I only offer Gelish and hard gel extensions. I don't work with acrylic at present as I am mobile and concerned about the amount of fumes I might make at someone's house?
But I think I think future I would consider it, but I don't have many phone me asking for a acrylic...
HTH xxx

Hi I have just started up again, after a 5year break , I am trained on gel , but do find many people wanting acrylic, It seems to me that its mainly younger girls wanting acrylic, once I get a bigger clientel , and recoup as some of my outlay I spent recentley, I would like to train in acrylic to be able to offer both , but I need to master my gel nail system again , [ going on a refreaher course next wk] , before I start thiinking about anything else, everything changed soo much in 5years , lolx

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Ive just started back after some years break. Have trained in acrylics, hard gel and gel polish and after some consideration decided this time to only offer gel extensions and gel polish.

Hate acrylic, could never get on with it and if im honest, wasnt very good at it. The way I see it, you can't offer every single treatment (or I can't afford to anyway) so offer what im comfortable/competent in doing.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I only offer gels. I am trained in acrylic and have done numerous courses over the years but I just can't get to grips with it. I find my clients are all happy with gel and I use hard gel on those clients that have had acrylic.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I offer CND Shellac and NSI Balance Gels...
I can't use acrylic the smell of monomer gives me an instant headache :(
But I'm very happy offering just gel x

The smell bothers me also, this is why I am considering taking it off of my menu. Now I just need a gel that can be cured under a LED light. Does anyone know of any good jar gel systems that can be cured by LED?

NSI Builder Gels are what I use for hard Gel & Gelish for soft Gel. NSI seem to work well for me :) I only offer Gel as well. Don't like acrylics as they ruined my nails xx

I am only trained in gel and I use nsi balance. I did try others such as the Edge but did not like it as much.
With being based at home odour was a huge issue for me.
I have just purchased some nsi attraction acrylic to try on myself. As I am not trained in acrylic.
As much as I like gel and its easy to get to grips with I do not like the removal process.
I do also seem to have more people asking for acrylic. Perhaps because it is cheaper I dunno :/

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

In my area, natural nails are hugely popular so at the moment I'm holding off on training in nail extensions and directing the (very rare) customers who ask about acrylics to a nail salon in my village that I know does fantastic work xx

Hi, I only do manis and pedis with Gelish, I have a bout 10 regular ladies, and I see them every 2 weeks, it gies me great control over what I do. I also freelance in another industry so it gives me great flexibility. Although, I am beginning to get a little frustrated and I think I will do a tips course to deal with broken nails.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya
Can I ask all you that just do gel if anyone of you work in a salon. I'm having a reaction to L&P and I go to a dermatologist on Friday but I'm looking for ways round the problem. Barrier cream and gloves aren't working so was thinking about a permanent switch to just gel but I'm worried. I rent space in a local salon that does an awful lot of L&P and the owner doesn't really like gel. I'm worried that my income is going to drastically drop if I try to switch all my clients and any new ones that come looking for "acrylic" L&P. Have any of you made the switch and how did you approach it with clients? I don't want to give up my job, I love it so I want to be armed with alternatives. Thanks x

I get a cough after using a fair bit if acrylic. I'm finding myself sweeping like its gel and working too wet so I may as week move to gel lol

(I use soft gels n problem)

How do you remove gel without getting tired arms, creating hear and getting too one to the surface of the Nat. Nail!?? Scares me!

You can't pinch gel either can you ?

I tried gelish hard gel and failed, ibd was the best but got cuticle area lifting.
If I did it again I'd try crystal nails gel. X

Did you use ibd powerbond? Its fab at helping to stop lifting.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I never trained in Liquid and Powder. I find I have no problems using gel on all my clients

Latest posts

Back