Gel or acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitter tips

Reaction score
I don't offer gel extension however I have a few girls who I do that work for a nursery and they have been told they are allowed extensions but only gel not acrylic die to the fumes????? Am I going a little bit mad but as far as I was aware acrylic extensions do not give off any fumes on ether have dried etc!!??

I do gel tips (quite badly but thats on a different thread lol!) and bought liquid and powder to try and do 3d nail art. OMG that stuff pongs!! I had to stop after 20 minutes because the smell was so bad, I didnt think they smelled after they had been finished though? Strange one x

You're not going mad :) acrylic extensions dont give off fumes.It is only the liquid during application. So it should not matter for your clients wether they wear acrylics or gel ;)

I do gel tips (quite badly but thats on a different thread lol!) and bought liquid and powder to try and do 3d nail art. OMG that stuff pongs!! I had to stop after 20 minutes because the smell was so bad, I didnt think they smelled after they had been finished though? Strange one x

What kind of liquid did you use? Good quality liquid isn't supposed to smell that bad! Ofcourse liquid smells a bit, but not like you experienced it

that's ridiculous.......the fumes don't go any further than the salon! lol.

What kind of liquid did you use? Good quality liquid isn't supposed to smell that bad! Ofcourse liquid smells a bit, but not like you experienced it

I bought the Edge L&P, I didnt want to pay a lot for it as its just for playing with at this stage, i'm trying to create 3d flowers etc but am not having any luck at the moment! I didnt realise l&p was soooo hard :rolleyes:

I bought the Edge L&P, I didnt want to pay a lot for it as its just for playing with at this stage, i'm trying to create 3d flowers etc but am not having any luck at the moment! I didnt realise l&p was soooo hard :rolleyes:

Ok! I understand! But if you are continuing with this I suggest you buy like a small sample from, let's say, CND, YN or NSI, to prevent you suffering in fumes ;). And indeed l&p, especially 3d flowers are hard to do. Or otherwise you could try 3D gel? Good luck ;)

Ok! I understand! But if you are continuing with this I suggest you buy like a small sample from, let's say, CND, YN or NSI, to prevent you suffering in fumes ;). And indeed l&p, especially 3d flowers are hard to do. Or otherwise you could try 3D gel? Good luck ;)

Would the gel work? I thought as it was self levelling and has to be set under a lamp, I couldnt get it to build up? Am I right in thinking this?

Latest posts

Back