Gel or acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nooooooo don't start on religion :Scared: lol

Seriously tho have a search through some of the articles and tutorials on here and google independent sites too for information, especially on the issue of acrylic and pregnancy. We work in an industry which is dominated by women offering services to women and for all our benefit it is vital that we get this information correct both for our clients reassurance and for the benefit of our businesses :hug: We don't want to needlessly scare our clients away!

Im sooooorrry i will stop now ur right i should not confuse people :hug: xx

I agree, I have learnt soooo much from here and YouTube, googling articles and following Doug on fb. It's amazing the info that is about and easily accessible.

And no no no don't even touch religion!! That's like mentioning a certain gel polish beginning with B and ends in sky hahaha

my lips are sealed hahaha xx

When I first decided I wanted to train in nails I talked to anyone who would listen about their nails, what treatments they had, what they prefered, why they prefered them. It was at this point I realised I had to offer every type of treatment because everyones nails and lifestyles and needs are different and I would not want to miss out on any client just because I didn't cover everything. As a nail technician I think it is important that you can offer the best treatment to everyone. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so, really I need to do both then.

I think what I will do is start off with gel nails and then progress onto acrylics eventually.

Could I ask - I've been looking at kits with nsi, does this look like a good kit to you guys - and would you need to add anything more too it? (Other than a lamp)

Thanks again x

Builder Clear 15g, Builder Blush 15g, Body Builder Cover Pink Warm 15g, Body Builder French Pink 15g, Finish Clear 15g, Radiant White Sculptor 7g, Body Builder Soft White 7g, Brush on French White 7g, Sangria 7g, Rainbow Sparkle 7g, Glaze 'n' Go 7ml, Balance Bond Primer 7ml, Cleanse 2oz, Nail Pure Plus 2oz, Polybond Adhesive 1/4oz, Sani-Pure 2oz, #5 Touch Tip Kolinsky Brush, Elation Tips Clear, Natural and White 50ct, Clear UV Gel Forms 30ct, Nurture Oil 15ml, Vanish Cuticle Dissolve 15ml, Endurance 180, 150 and 100 Grit Files, Endurance 180/240 Grit Buffer, Lavendar Block Buffer, Nail Wipes 10ct, Beyond Basics DVD, Instructions and Cautions.

Well, a lot to read here :lick:

About personal opinion, I will provide mine. Gel and L&P are both acrylics, they have almost the same components, the only difference is how we work with them. But both are acrylics, so saying that one is safer and the other is a devil, is like saying one branch of cigarrette is better than the other, when they,re both cigarrettes.

I have 3 tech friends. They worked putting acrylic nails to clients on their entire pregnancy, no gloves used or extreme mask like some mentioned here, all of my 3 tech friends delivered healthy babies, acrylic didn,t affect their pregnancy.

If acrylic is toxic for pregnancy, well, if you get pregnant stop working as a nail tech, since gel is and acrylic too, odorless doesn,t make it "safer" since there,s plenty of L&P odorless on the market too. We,re talking about ingredients here, and gel and L&P are from the same family.

Ok so, really I need to do both then.

I think what I will do is start off with gel nails and then progress onto acrylics eventually.

Could I ask - I've been looking at kits with nsi, does this look like a good kit to you guys - and would you need to add anything more too it? (Other than a lamp)

Thanks again x

Builder Clear 15g, Builder Blush 15g, Body Builder Cover Pink Warm 15g, Body Builder French Pink 15g, Finish Clear 15g, Radiant White Sculptor 7g, Body Builder Soft White 7g, Brush on French White 7g, Sangria 7g, Rainbow Sparkle 7g, Glaze 'n' Go 7ml, Balance Bond Primer 7ml, Cleanse 2oz, Nail Pure Plus 2oz, Polybond Adhesive 1/4oz, Sani-Pure 2oz, #5 Touch Tip Kolinsky Brush, Elation Tips Clear, Natural and White 50ct, Clear UV Gel Forms 30ct, Nurture Oil 15ml, Vanish Cuticle Dissolve 15ml, Endurance 180, 150 and 100 Grit Files, Endurance 180/240 Grit Buffer, Lavendar Block Buffer, Nail Wipes 10ct, Beyond Basics DVD, Instructions and Cautions.

We all have to start somewhere so if you feel that starting with gel would initially suit you and your business best then go for it :) I started with acrylic and it took another 6 years before it fully dawned on me that I really needed to be able to offer my clients an alternative when necessary and that's when I did gel. I now feel very happy that I am able to offer my clients a full choice depending on their needs ... but for me that didn't happen overnight lol so one step at a time is perfectly fine.

NSI is a very respected company, as is their training, does the kit you mention include that?

Hi im just about to finish a nail extension course at college I originally went to mainly learn acrylic I never really knew alot about gel but the more I do gel the more I love it I find it alot easier to do then acrylic but am glad I will b trained in both as most people want acrylic

Sent from my C5303 using SalonGeek mobile app

We all have to start somewhere so if you feel that starting with gel would initially suit you and your business best then go for it :) I started with acrylic and it took another 6 years before it fully dawned on me that I really needed to be able to offer my clients an alternative when necessary and that's when I did gel. I now feel very happy that I am able to offer my clients a full choice depending on their needs ... but for me that didn't happen overnight lol so one step at a time is perfectly fine.

NSI is a very respected company, as is their training, does the kit you mention include that?

The training isn't with nsi, but the training I am doing doesn't include kit, so I decided that nsi would be a good place to start :) xx

Do you think it's a good kit? And what else would I need to add to it?

Sorry to be a pain

Would any of you say this kit is better than the one above?
This one is from gemma Lembert at naio:

Everything the professional kit has with full size bottles.

Gel Ultimate Kit
8g Brush on Nail Glue
Nail Tip Cutters
Naio French Competition Nail Tips
Naio Clear Competition Nail Tips

Z00 - Base Bonding - UV Gel 7g
Z01 - Clear Builder - UV Gel 7g
Z02 - Clear Sculpture - UV Gel 7g
Z06 - Flesh Colour Builder - UV Gel 7g
Z10 - Ultimate White - UV Gel 7g
Z21 - UV Finish Gel 7g

3x Shorty Gel Brushes - Size 4